[07:02]

The morning is young, and yet Donghyuck is already up and sitting by the bed

The morning is young, and yet Donghyuck is already up and sitting by the bed. A few beams of golden light shines gently by your form, the sun had just started to rise. Your boyfriend is up in the morning, well, he has been since 5 am, which is weird because he usually would wake up 5 hours later on a free Friday.

He stares longingly at your beautiful puffy face, his lips twitching up when you hum and shift into a more comfortable spot. You're wearing his shirt, his favorite one, and he feels warm and fuzzy when he sees it on you.

Donghyuck turns back to the window, admiring the process of how the city slowly wakes up to be a busy, rushed environment. He spots the family right in front entering the living room, their son and baby daughter laughing and bothering their laughing parents. At things like this, he wonders if he's ever going to get the chance to start a family with you. Of course, he would have to wait until you both are done with studies and get married, but he's been thinking about it a lot.

He doesn't realize you're awake until he feels your arms wrapping the blanket around the two of you and your arms lazily draping around his bare waist. You nuzzle your head into Donghyuck's shoulder blade, softly kissing his sunkissed skin that looked even more ethereal in the sunlight. "Good morning," you mumble.

Donghyuck smiles at the slight tone of tiredness in your voice, "Good morning, baby," he softly takes your left hand, playing and imagining a gleaming ring on your ring finger. You scoot closer to him, "How are you so warm? You're shirtless!" Donghyuck chuckles as you sigh and place your hand to his chest, pulling him closer.

"You're just cold all the time." You him back a reply, almost at the verge of sleeping right there on his warm and soft skin, "It's okay, because I have you."

His heart stutters. You have him. You always have him.

To him, he thinks a bit deeper into your words, he's there for you when you need to break down or cry, he's there for you when you're stressed about an assessment, he's always there.

And then he realizes, you're there as well.

You're there when he needs to rant and complain about Mrs. Lee's teaching that's absolute shit, you're there for him when he needy help with basically anything, sleeping, calming down, hyping up, whatever it is. You're there for him.

His mouth moves on it's own, "Do you wanna marry me in the future?" Donghyuck silently curses to himself at the sudden deep topic, nervously waiting for your reply.

Strangely enough, you don't feel overwhelmed or panicked, you're nodding, mumbling a quick 'yes' against the back of his neck. Donghyuck looks back at you, surprised and delighted, "Really?"

"I mean, long term? Definitely. I would love to marry you now, but that would just clash with college and we would have to get jobs first. I hope you don't mind," Your boyfriend turns around completely, sitting across from you and grabbing your face between his hands, "No! No, I don't mind at all! We can take our time, I'm just so happy you actually consider marrying me."

You smile and place your hands over his own, intertwining them in a somewhat strange way, "And I'm happy you actually asked me about it." Your mumbles are soft, just like the looks you give each other, you don't think cotton or feathers could compare to Donghyuck's eyes right now.

With anticipation, you lean up slightly and pucker your lips. Donghyuck takes initiative and leans down to connect them softly. Your lips feel so soft and perfect against his chapped ones, he thinks he should ask to borrow some of your lip balm more often. He claps his index finger and thumb to your chin, and quite suddenly, Donghyuck pries your mouth open softly. You guess he's just being a little bit needier than often.

The moment your tongues meet, you pull away, "Yep! okay, that's enough, you're getting a bit too riled up for seven in the morning." You get up from the bed, rushing to the bathroom to do your morning skin routine (and maybe trying to hide your growing smile from Hyuck). Your boyfriend chuckles at your flustered form, quickly following you to do his own morning routines.

He hopes to have mornings like this in the future, when you become his wife. Mornings where you help him with his hair to get it out of his face as he tries to wash it, mornings where you cook a big breakfast together, mornings where you ask each other about your days lately. It's the tiny things he loves, the tiny things he appreciates and wants, tiny things he will get in the future, the future with you.

 It's the tiny things he loves, the tiny things he appreciates and wants, tiny things he will get in the future, the future with you

🌻: hey sunflowers! This was a bit on the mature side i hope you guys dont mind HAHA how are you today?

HAVE YOU GUYS LISTENED TO MANIAC SUNG BY DOYOUNG AND HYUCK HHHH ITS TOO GOOD GHSNFJ AND THE MV OMFG THE DACER WAS TOO!!! GOOD!!! mes in love with the song 🤩🤩