Only you.

☀:: hi!!! okay so I know I haven't updated in like so long :( I was supposed to post a fic for hyucks birthday but a writers block caught up with me and I haven't written in a month </3 only came up with this little blurb, hope you guys enjoy <3 (and forgive me for not updating T^T I promise the hyuck fic will be on it's way!!!)

Donghyuck winces as you press the cotton absorbed with ointment to a cut on his cheekbone, hissing and turning his head the other way.

"Hyuck come on, you've dealt with worse." You sigh exasperated, your hand reaching up to place it on his shoulder, rubbing comfortingly. It feels a bit weird though, instead of warm, smooth skin you feel cold and hard leather grazing your fingers, but you've grown used to it anyway.

Donghyuck grunts, but obliges to your instructions of not moving, locking eyes with yours for a moment before you focus on his bruised and cut cheeks. You never get why he gets into meaningless fights.

He never really tells you either, so all you have to conclude is for entertainment, or maybe small petty things. But you know Donghyuck knows better than that.

You gently place a bandaid on his cut, smoothing out the moomin themed plaster on his skin. Renjun had gifted you a moomin themed first aid box for Christmas, claiming he heard of your struggles of cleaning Hyuck up every time he showed up in front of you hurt.

"Why did you even fight them anyway?" You ask after patting lightly on the plaster, moving to take care of the other cut on his chin. Donghyuck peers down at you with uncertainty, hesitating to tell you the truth.

Truth be told, it was always the other person's fault the fight starts, either they want to take on the famous bad boy of campus or maybe they were the ones who wanted entertainment. It was never him.

It was never him, but this time.

Your boyfriend huffs out, avoiding your gaze as your eyes land on his, trying to read the emotions hidden behind those mysterious brown eyes you find yourself falling in love with every time you take a glance into them. "I-It's nothing."

"Donghyuck," you whisper desperately, placing the first aid kit on your lap aside. Your hands envelope his, fingers delicately dancing over his blue and purple mess of his hands, pulling them into a lock.

You softly tug, a silent plead to look at you.

He finally glances at you, growing guilty at the look on your face, eyebrows scrunched up together in worry, eyes glistening with barely any patience as you wait for his answer.

"They just" Donghyuck looks away from you, instead staring at the lock of your hands, how your clean and soft looking hands hold onto his beat up and slightly bloody hands, wondering how he got such an angel to care for him. "they said stuff."

"Donghyuck, that barely helps with anything. Please just tell me already! I've been waiting for weeks, and I really don't want to pry on you, but seeing you like this-"

"They were talking about you, alright?!"

The rest of your sentence instantly dies down from your throat, growing speechless at your boyfriend's annoyed tone. His gaze on you is just as hard as his voice, revealing everything beneath them, no longer hiding from you anymore.

They soften the moment they notice your own hurt eyes, absorbing the shock from them and filtering it into guilt. "They were talking about how stupid you were for choosing me."

"Hyu-" your attempt to talk is quickly shut down as Donghyuck's eyes grow desperate, his hands tightening their hold on your own palms.

"I fought them because they called you dumb and crazy. I fought them because it hurts to see someone say such filthy things about you so carelessly. Then even say I don't deserve you, which hurts the most"

Beads of tears burn at the corner of your eyes as Donghyuck's own also welled up in tears, his nose quickly growing red as he holds in a choked sob. "if everyone thinks I don't deserve you, why should I?"

"Fuck that, Donghyuck," one of your hands release from the pile of tangled limbs on your laps, cupping his face to bring his tearful face back up to look at you. "I don't give a shit about what they think. I only care about what you think about me."

Your thumb carefully rubs gentle circles on his skin, making sure to avoid the bruises scattered on his cheek. His eyes gloss over and over as more of his tears trickle down his cheeks. You catch a few between your thumb, caressing them away with pure endearment.

"You're the only one that counts, okay?"

Donghyuck sniffles quietly, leaning slightly into your comforting touch. He's never felt such a soft and gentle sensation, he wants more of it, to drown in it and bask in the love he never got growing up.

"They could think anything about me, think I'm dumb, crazy, stupid, anything, Hyuck. As long as you don't think so I'm okay."

Donghyuck realizes that he feels the same way. He's labeled as Haechan, the schools flunker and trouble maker, but to you he's Lee Donghyuck, the hard working and playful human who only wants to bring a smile to his friends' faces.

They can think whatever the hell they want, if you have each other they mean nothing.