Coming home.

🌻: hi sunflowers! idk if any of you are actually reading this book hmm but it doesn't hurt to try, right? thought of this blurb idea while listening to nct u's coming home gjsbjf taeil's vocals omfg

anyways, i hope you guys have a wonderful day!! <33

🎶: coming home - nct u

5 months. 5 months without Donghyuck. 5 months without his touch, his warm embraces, his soft voice, his teasing remarks. 5 months of yearning for his featherlight touch, boyish grin, spontaneity, his reassurance and sincerity.

5 days until he arrives. 5 more days until you will be with him, 5 more days until you can love him.

Your eyes stay on the calendar for much longer than intended, calculating every single moment until the date hits Friday, waiting for the hour hands to move in the clock. For once in your life, you wish time would go faster.

The movie in front of you is basically useless, it's his favorite Christmas movie. You can't stand a second watching it without waiting for time to tick by or constantly thinking of him.

Your foot taps rapidly on the ground, teeth finding themselves chewing and gnawing at your lower lip yet once again. Friday, when will you come?

It's felt too long without him, his arms wrapping around your body, his lips pressing softly against your burning skin, his hair softly tickling your nose, you're becoming anxious.

5 days, just 5 days.

——————🌻——————

5 hours. Just 5 more hours.

5 hours until you can whisper how much you missed him, 5 hours until you can finally get shitty convenience store noodles with him, until you can freeze the shit out of your brains with the cold slushies.

You slip on your sweater quickly, bouncing out of bed after the sudden spontaneous decision to get to the airport early. It's only 3 in the afternoon, the flight lands at 8, and not to mention the baggage pick up and all that other things, that's bound to be another 40 minutes.

You stop yourself before you could lock the door to your apartment, cursing and taking the key out from the keyhole. It's too early. You don't want to wait too desperately for him 2 hours before he even arrives.

'2 hours.' You tell yourself, 'you can go in 2 hours.'

5 hours of impatience and anticipation is a lot harder to handle that 5 hours of a normal day.

What can you do in 5 hours? Surely, you could call Donghyuck, text him, send him a video or photo, anything.

Your head swarms more and more with thoughts of your distant significant other, the image of him printed permanently in your mind for you to cherish and enjoy while he's gone.