On this festive night.

🌻: was for christmas!! An event on tumblr for a network i joined 💞💞

You never expected on one of your least favorite Christmas eves your (very cute) neighbor would be knocking on your door, asking for some blankets since the whole building's power went out and his friends suddenly came over

You never expected on one of your least favorite Christmas eves your (very cute) neighbor would be knocking on your door, asking for some blankets since the whole building's power went out and his friends suddenly came over. And you definitely didn't expect one of his friends to invite you to the Christmas gathering they were going to.

You also didn't expect yourself to smile at the thought and agree. Not one bit did you expect that you'd find yourself enjoying the party with your neighbor at his friend's, who's name you've learned is Jeno. (with Jaemin and Renjun. You suspect they're a packet, buy one get 3?)

And the very last thing you expected was to be staying at their house after the party, in Jeno's room while he was passed out on the couch.

Donghyuck turns his head to face you, sprawled on Jeno's carpet with cookies Jaemin made this morning between you. Jeno said you two could stay in his room, just not his beloved bed.

Donghyuck's eyes trail down, and stare at the socks you wear. In the dim lighting, he can barely make out what patterns were on them, but after a while he recognizes the reindeer on them, and he vaguely remembers your Christmas socks being santa.

"Are you wearing my socks?"

You hum mindlessly, nudging his foot with yours, "Yeah, they're warmer than mine."

Funny, you don't remember being able to get this close to someone you met the day before. You guess it's just how Lee Donghyuck is, outgoing and very likeable. Maybe you have a small crush on him.

For like, a long time now.

There was that one time he held the elevator door for you and you decided you were in love that afternoon.

It's not like your neighbor didn't feel the same way, either. The moment he saw you pushing a heavy box into your apartment, swearing under your breath, he fell. For some apparent reason. Was it because you looked so determined just to get a stupid box into your house? Perhaps he just thought you looked really good that day.

Donghyuck won't complain about his stolen socks. He's wearing the fluffy stockings that Renjun gave to him on his birthday.

"I'm surprised you were alone." He suddenly says out of the blue.

"What?"

"You know," Donghyuck shrugs, tearing his eyes off your socks, instead keeping them on the band poster Jeno hung on his wall. He remembers that day, Jaemin almost ripped the poor poster.

"when I asked to get some blankets."

"Oh..." Embarrassment fills you, and your voice grows quieter. "yeah, my friends had plans with their family, and my parents thought it would've been better if I just stayed here."

Donghyuck gets it, he gets it with his whole heart, He's been through it for a few years now, but he has Jeno, Jaemin, and Renjun to accompany him so he likes to think he's alright.

"I'm actually glad you were alone, I don't think I would have had the balls to knock on your door."

At this, a smile spreads across your face, and a laugh bubble from the back of your throat. In a way, you're kind of glad you were alone too. Sure, you were sulking around and super petty about your friends having fun without you, but it led you to meeting Donghyuck, officially. And this night.

"I'm glad you knocked,"

"I am too."

There's a comforting silence that fills the air after that, no words needed to be shared, no nothing, just faint Christmas msuci playing from Jaemin's room, and the light fiddling of Donghyuck's fingers on a Christmas hat.

If it weren't for tonight, you'd be a big pile of sadness, eating ice cream in the middle of winter while watching home alone. You know you would've done this, because it was the only thing on your mind before Donghyuck knocked on your door.

It's like when you opened the door, everything disappeared. All your previous negative thoughts of being alone for Christmas flying away, and you're sure, even if he didn't invite you to the party, you still would've been thinking about him.

He distracts you. In the best way.

You turn your head to Donghyuck, just as he catches your hand with his. He has a sparkle in his eyes, it's so very genuine, you think you might just drown in how beautiful they look. "and I'm glad you're here," his hand tightens around yours, "with me."

A smile curls at your lips, "I am too,"

Donghyuck suddenly shifts, closer to you, much closer than you had anticipated. It's not like you minded, really. You could see him clearer in the midst of the dark room.

His eyes reflect the many Christmas lights illuminating outside, and the streetlamp just in front of the house, it's oddly appealing, calling out for you.

As if your eyes were calling out for him, Donghyuck leans down, nose brushing oh so softly against yours.

A breathy laugh leaves your lips, blowing right against his. "Are you going to kiss me now?"

Donghyuck can just barely feel your lips moving against his, it feels better than they should, "Only if you want me to."

Your head moves to the side, your noses nudging, lips just barely brushing against his. "And why would I want that?"

Your eyes carry a glint of mischief in them, and affection that draws Donghyuck in.

"Well," He leaves a small peck by your cheek, "I like you. You like me. I think it's pretty self-explanatory, don't you think?"

He has a point. It's very evident that he has feelings for you, no doubt you have some for him, either. It's written all over your faces, your eyes every time they trail to him during the party, your lips every time he makes a very stupid joke, every lingering raise of your cheeks when you're with him. You might just be smitten.

And then your lips connect. Softly, lovingly, with small smiles pressing against each other. Donghyuck's Christmas sweater feels soft on your fingers, his hair even softer. And your lips feel heavenly on his, like a dream. They move together feverishly, pouring every ounce of feeling you have for each other.

There, on this festive night, you don't feel lonely anymore. Not in Jeno's room, with Donghyuck's warm embrace around you. You don't think you'll ever feel lonely on another Christmas.