[19:01]

🌻 :: bit of a recreation of [19:00] :0

To sum up your thoughts on Lee Donghyuck, you would say mixed

On one end, you hated him, or at least that's what you think you felt about him. And on the other, you have nothing but adoration for him.

You have to thank Lee Jeno later for bailing on you and teaming up with Renjun instead of you, if it weren't for him, you wouldn't have to go up to Donghyuck and ask him to be your partner.

Turns out the boy who accidentally tripped you into a bucket of mop water had regretted his actions with all his heart, turns out all he wanted to do was get your attention.

You have to say, he has a very strange way of trying to make friends.

And now, here you are, in the very playground he had apologized to you, in the very same position you found yourself accepting his very sincere apology.

"So," Donghyuck starts, picking on a few flowers that grew from the ground. "what did you want to tell me?"

His voice is soft, tired from all the schoolwork you had told him to do with you, and his eyes are glossy with curiosity glazing them.

Right, how are you supposed to tell someone you have a massive crush on them? Scratch that, how are you supposed to tell the very person who you swore to hate that you actually probably maybe love them?

Your fingers entangle with the grass below you, feeling the fresh dew from the previous rain spreading against your palms. It's oddly satisfying, and it relaxes you a little bit.

"Right, um," You trail off, your eyes leaving his to advert tot he small daisy in Donghyuck's hands, watching as he twirls it between his fingers with care. That's probably how you feel right now, your insides twisting and churning at the thought of a rejection. Your feelings are but hanging on a single, thin thread, all in the hands of your companion, and he has no idea he has it there.

"This is going to be completely out of the blue, actually."

Should you just say it? Build it up? God, you're so nervous.

"Okay, I maybe have a tiny bit of feelings for you?"

You had went for the first option, which you are doubting as the previously calm and content expression on Donghyuck's face completely whipped off, and instead a shocked expression repleaces it.

His fingers stop twirling the daisy, you notice, having no confidence to look up at his eyes. Is he perhaps going to drop the daisy? Crush it?

The daisy is all you can see, all you can think of, because the daisy could very much be like your feelings for him, its fate all up to him.

"Y/n-"

"-and I know this isn't exactly the ideal confession, we're sitting in wet grass, in an abandoned playground, and there's barely a sky, but I really do mean it, Hyuck. I have feelings for you."

One moment your eyes are on the daisy, and the next they're moving back up to look into Donghyuck's eyes to see his reaction.

One glance back down, and the daisy is gone. Instead of having it in his hold, it's in his lap, his hands tangling together, you note how he picks at the skin of his thumb.

One moment passes, and another, and another, until you're not so sure if you're dreaming or this is reality. Your heart is pounding in your chest, it resonates through your ears, pulses blood quickly through your body until you're sure it's all by your cheeks.

What if Donghyuck doesn't feel the same?

Suddenly, a soft, gently touch at your hand shocks you, and you whip your head up to see Donghyuck had grabbed your hand, extending your hand out to him.

His fingers run against your palm, straightening out your hand, before he places something right in the middle. Just as he takes his hand away, you realize it's the daisy he had plucked from before.

He was returning the feelings.

With a chaste smile, Donghyuck brings his hand back up to intertwine your pinkies together, tightly bringing them to a lock, his skin warm against yours.

Your head slowly picks up from staring at the daisy in your palm, where you find the brightest eyes you've ever seen.

"Yes, your confession was really out of pocket, and yeah we're on wet grass and our asses are going to be soaked, and sure, there are like 2 stars in the sky tonight but it's alright," Donghyuck chuckles. It's music to your ears, you don't think you could ever get sick of it.

"you're here, and that's all I need." His pinkie isn't the only finger intertwined with yours anymore, he entangles your hand together, trapping the daisy between your gasp. "I may have a tiny bit of feelings for you too, Y/n,"