Warmth at the beach.

🌻 :: i miss the beach :(

You like the beach, you like it very much

You like the beach, you like it very much. There's a certain feeling of comfort you have every time you visit the beach. When you were 13, your mother decided it was a good idea to let you skip school for 2 days so your family could go to the beach just for 2 days.

There, you spent all day sitting in the sand, swimming around in the water, tanning as the sun burns lightly at your skin. You always liked the warm rays of sun on your skin.

And you definitely love it more than usual now, with your lover by your side, his head resting peacefully on your lap as you stick a hand out to stop the sun's rays from glaring at his face.

God, how you love the beach. The warm breeze brushing against your skin, the sand sticking to your skin. You've grown used to the sand sticking to your shirt.

It's great to be back, especially after months of constant work and stress, it's warm and welcoming.

Donghyuck peeks an eye open, expecting to be blinded by the bright sun, but instead is met with the shadow of your hand above his face. There are bits of sunlight that slip through the small gaps of your fingers, and it's oddly mesmerizing to him.

His eyes shift from your hand, to your face, finding the small content smile curling your lips. Donghyuck is really glad you're enjoying yourself. It's been weeks since he's seen such a genuine smile on your face.

A sudden touch to your hand shocks you, and as you gaze down, you find that your lover has grabbed it softly, slipping his fingers between yours.

Though his only source of shade is gone, Donghyuck doesn't mind squinting (read: completely shutting) his eyes a little. Instead, he brings your tangled hands lower towards his face.

He twists your hands, and places a gentle kiss to the back of your hand ever so softly. There are bits of sand that stick to his lips, but he doesn't mind, not at all. Not when the smile on your face widens so brightly.