Wanna bet?

You can't help but grimace at the squeeze you feel all over your body by none other than the dress you wear, maybe you've just eaten enough today

How can you not eat, honestly? When Johnny Suh is getting married to a baker, who for a fact brought her pastries to the wedding itself?

You sigh and accept your fate, placing the plate back on top of all the other clean plates. Before you can start regretting your choices for a dress, or eating way too much spaghetti a few minutes ago, there's warm sensation enveloping your hand, and then a tug follows.

You turn your head and find Lee Donghyuck, a bright grin on his face, as he fits his fingers through yours, and starts to lead you back to your designated table. He's giggling, which can mean no good, especially when he's leading you somewhere.

You remember that one time last summer when he had pulled you out of the library, only to show you the hedgehog he found right by the bushes of the entrance, and then you both got pricked by the spines of the hedgehog.

After about a week, you find out that Choi Soobin, the music major, had taken the hedgehog in custody, and they're living great together.

You lean in closer to your best friend, due to the loud music. "What's up?" It's not that loud, or distinguishable, but Donghyuck instantly knows what you're asking the moment you have that curious glint in your eye.

His smile widens, if it were even possible, and he tugs you even closer to mumble right into your ear. "Me and the guys have a bet, whoever's partner catches the bouquet in the flower toss gets all the money. We're all betting 50 bucks, each!"

Your heart nearly jumps when you hear and realize Donghyuck had referred to you as his 'partner', before realizing that he did ask you to come to the wedding as his plus one. No need to skip a heartbeat.

Though the offer stands tempting, you're not so sure if Donghyuck can trust you to such a high stake.

He instantly knows this the moment he sees the sour scrunch of your nose, before he huffs and rolls his eyes. "Give me a moment," He says into your ear, before he detaching himself from you. He ventures towards Chenle, leaning in as he had just did to you, to say something in his ear, a bargain.

You see Chenle nod after a moment of contemplation, and Donghyuck comes skipping back with excitement.

You lean in as he does, curious to what he added to the deal. "And a week with Daegal,"

That part of the deal as you perking up, a smile curling at the corner of your lips, before you break out into a grin, and nod. Your hands tighten around his as you see the bride get into position for the flower toss.

"It's in the bag." You murmur into Donghyuck's ear, before you place a quick peck at his jaw. There's a warmth that envelops Donghyuck's soul, his heart, his absolute being when you get up and run into the crowd of girls eager to catch the bouquet.

The crowd counts down from 5, everyone buzzing with excitement, before the bride tosses the bouquet in the air flawlessly, as if she had been practicing for weeks (she has.)

Tens of hands reach into the air, jumping, attempting to grab at the bouquet. The whole table of Donghyuck's friends erupt into exclamations, anticipating the result of the winner.

There's one cheer that's louder than all of theirs, and it's none other than you, jumping up and down, with both your heels in one hand, and the flower bouquet in the other, as you yell out, "WE GET DAEGAL! HYUCK, WE GET DAEGAL!"

Although Donghyuck wants to jump up and down as well, at his victory, there's something that stops him.

It's something about the way you look absolutely ethereal, grinning, running up to him from hundreds of meters away from him. His breath hitches, because you're running up to him, just him. Nobody else. How can you look so absolutely perfect, how can you take his breath away so easily?

What brings him back to his senses is the aggressive pats on his back from his friends, and surprisingly, they're not upset. Instead, each of them have teasing smiles on their faces, whistling and whooping.

Donghyuck turns back to you, and has the urge to run as well. That's exactly what he does, meeting you halfway the distance, just to wrap you up in his embrace, jump up and down with you and laugh endlessly.

The whole crowd roars in applause when Donghyuck places his lips on your cheek, just as you did to his before, placing a soft kiss there, before he grins at you.

What you don't know, is how the two of you look like an actual, healthy couple in a relationship. A real relationship.

"I didn't know you and Hyuckie got together," Johnny's mother comments as she places a gentle hand on your arm. "It's good to see that you two make each other so happy. Ah, you two were always my favorite!"

You take a moment to process her words, taking another bite of the wedding cake. "Huh? Auntie, don't get us wrong, we're not together,"

Johnny's mother only cackles at yoru response, before she pats your back gently. "Oh, I love when this happens. I remember when John went through this phase,"

When you blink at her in confusion, she decides to just tell you. "You like him, my dear,"

"What?!"

She nods, "And he likes you too!"

You profusely shake your head, taking the woman's hands in yours. "Auntie, you really like to stir up drama, don't you? I don't like Donghyuck!"

Mrs. Suh shakes her head with an amused smile, before she nudges her chin to gesture behind you. "Wanna bet?"

You follow her gaze slowly, finding Donghyuck sitting just a few feet away from you, and though he has Daegal in his arms, licking at his hands, he's staring straight at you, with the softest look anyone has ever gazed at you with.

He doesn't stop when you stare at him as well, only when you cock your head to the side with a small lopsided grin. Donghyuck clears his throat, before glancing down at the puppy in his arms, and then getting up from his seat.

It only takes him a few strides to come in front of you and Mrs. Suh, smiling warmly at the both of you. "Daegal wants to say hi,"

You stroke the puppy's head once, twice, before grazing your thumb against her nose. You're so focused on Daegal, that you don't notice Donghyuck's thumb hovering in front of your face as well, before he swipes it ever so softly on the corner of your lips.

"Sorry," He mumbles when you look up at him in surprise. "you just had a little icing on your lip."

Donghyuck has seen you worse, you know this. You know he's seen you when you were drunk, you know he's seen you when you've absolutely bawled your eyes out because of a movie, you know he's seen you with drool rolling down your chin in at least 3 of the sleepovers you've had, and yet, you can't help but feel absolutely embarrassed at this moment, when he's seen you with barely any icing.

There's a warmth that spreads from your neck, to your cheeks, to your ears, as you turn away and wipe at your mouth, each corner up and down.

You hear Jisung call out to Donghyuck, to invite him to a game of rock paper scissors to see who drives home, and you hear him walk away, and yet, you still can't turn back around. Shit, what is this feeling?

You look up at Mrs. Suh, a knowing smile on her lips, before you sigh. "Holy shit, I'm in love with Lee Donghyuck."