[20:37]

a/n from ☀️ :: just to clarify context is that reader likes renjun but renjun got close to reader jus to get close to their best friend and hyuck likes reader . so . a buttload of angst

You feel like absolute shit

You feel like absolute shit. You know you look like it too.

You've been in bed for around what seems like 3 hours now, but with your curtains being closed all day, you're not sure how long you've spent in bed. What time is it?

Despite that, you don't make an effort to check, you don't want to move. Your mind is racing, busy with rushing thoughts trying to distract yourself from the events you've encountered a few hours ago. Your eyes are sore, so is your nose, and you can barely feel the tip of your fingers as they've been digging into your blanket for so damn long.

Why did it have to be you? Why couldn't it be any other human being in the world? Did god hate you? Why are you always the one with unfortunate events?

Speaking of unfortunate events, your door opens, even though you know hours ago you told your brother Mark specifically not to disturb you, as you had a rough day. This means two things, it's either Mark, barging in as he forgot your request, or someone else barging in. Hopefully not Jaemin. You don't want to see him right now.

What seemed like 2 possibilities, have become 3, because what's at your door is neither your brother or your best friend, it's your brother's best friend. Who happens to be one of your closest friends. Who happens to be Lee Donghyuck.

"Hey Y/n, just came in here if you wanted the last slice of pizza, you know I'm not much of a pizza gu—"

Donghyuck completely freezes when he sees the state of your surroundings. Completely dark, messy, and there's a tension in here that doesn't sit right with him.

"Hey, you okay?" His previously cheerful tone has vanished, no longer useful in your presence, and is instead replaced by a concerned, and quite rough voice.

You don't answer him. But that's all he needs to know you're not okay. Not at all.

"Wanna talk about it?" The rough touch in his voice is now gone too, this time, it's replaced with a softness, a gentle and loving tone.

This time, you sit up, which makes Donghyuck more than relieved.

One moment later, however, his heart drops. You look horrible, your hair messy and eyes lightly swollen, he can see the way your lips quiver when as you let out a sigh, your hands tightening around Mark's sweater that you wear.

Instinctively, Donghyuck lets himself in the room, shutting the door firmly behind him. He doesn't bother turning on the lights, there would be no point in upsetting you that way.

His footsteps are slow, but soft, as if you were asleep. Then, there's a dip next to you, and you know he's there.

"Can... can I know about it?"

Your head turns to him, and he looks... so genuine. His eyes are pooled with worry and such concern that you've longed for, and his hands that leave his hoodie pockets for yours are warm and comforting.

Your voice shakes as you mumble softly, "He got close to me just to be close to my best friend."

Donghyuck's heart shatters when your eyes instantly well up again. He rubs his thumbs across your knuckles smoothly.

He doesn't need to hear the names to know. It's Huang Renjun, who you've been crushing on for months on end now.

When your head meets his shoulder, he asks, "Why didn't you tell Mark?"

"He would murder Renjun,"

"What makes you think I wouldn't?"

Your head lifts from his shoulder. "Hyuck," There's a light frown of your lips that clearly state how you disagree with his words, but Donghyuck can't find himself taking you seriously. Not when his heart is beating so dangerously fast when you call him by his nickname.

"Alright, alright," He chuckles in defeat, leaning down to press your head back to his shoulder. "I promise I won't murder the piece of shit who used you. Definitely not mad at him or anything."

Why wouldn't he be mad? When someone is taking advantage of someone he cares so dearly for? For taking away the person he's loved for years now?

You stay there together, huddled up in a bundle on your bed, you seeking for comfort, and Donghyuck gladly providing it for you. The silence isn't exactly that comfortable, but it isn't awkward either. It's... sad. You're sad. Donghyuck's mad. But now is not the time to act. It's time to settle into your feelings and really find out how you feel.

Donghyuck dead set on his, he has been since Mark approved of his crush on you.

"Wanna tell Mark anytime soon?" The silence is broken with this question, as Donghyuck presses a very subtle peck on your hairline.

"In... in a minute, please," You plead, burying yourself deeper into his embrace. "I'm not ready to face the furious lion inside him. You know, that one where he gets mad,"

Donghyuck's chuckle resonate through your ear, as your ear presses into his neck. It causes you to follow along, feeling his nod gently nudge against your forehead. "I get that. And I'll be here for as long as you want. I'm not going anywhere."

He'll wait for you. He'll wait for eternity if he has to. He's not going to give up on you, even if it'll take years for you to love him back.