[14:56]

☀️ : had a bit of a rough day today, thought of this and cheered up a little :)) hopefully you guys had a nice day and that this will make it even better ^^

Never would you have expected you would end up in love with Lee Donghyuck, especially since the time he accidentally spilled a drink on you at a party and completely ran off, without a single word

But alas, you find yourself in his very embrace, and you have never felt so relaxed in someone's arms.

If you had told yourself from months ago that you'd be genuinely happy with Lee Donghyuck, seeing him in your future, constantly wanting to be with him, you're sure you would've found it completely mental.

You feel a smile creep up your lips when Donghyuck's arms tighten around you, twisting your head to the side when he beckons for you to watch the funny video he found amidst his instagram feed.

Strangely, you don't even look at the video. You had for just a second, before your eyes trailed over to his face. You didn't even notice until his eyes locked with yours, and a feeling of shivers runs through you at how much you found yourself enjoying the sight of him.

"Hmm?" Donghyuck hums, "What's up?"

Automatically, you shake your head, your chin brushing against his shoulder, and you chuckle at the light sensation. "Nothing,"

Your response doesn't make Donghyuck any less confused as before, if not, even more lost, as he turns his phone off and tosses it somewhere beside him, lost in his bedsheets.

It's almost as if he needs no words to ask you to explain, just by his glazed eyes, just by his fingers that intertwine between yours, it's all asking you, and you want to give in.

"It's just," You fail to find your words instantly, trying to put it perfectly. You know either way that it'll be fine to Donghyuck, he would understand you any day. "I never expected us to be like this."

And surprisingly Donghyuck isn't all that shocked. He thought the same thing.

"The moment you ran off with your empty cup without an apology, I thought you'd never be in my life again. I thought you'd be someone I'd avoid talking to." You smile at the memory, remembering how you'd grimace seeing the stain on your shirt even after you washed it.

"But god, do I love talking to you."

Donghyuck grins at your words, finding so much pride and assurance from your words. He feels almost shy, hearing all this from you. His smile is so contagious, and you find your lips lifting even more, your smile widening.

"I went on a couple of dates with you, but didn't expect it to grow like this. I didn't think you'd be as likable as you are now."

Donghyuck's laugh resonates in your ears, triggering your own, as he bumps his head with yours lightly.

"You like me that much, huh?" You can't stop the feeling of bashfulness from creeping into you, and there's definitely no stopping the awkward smile from reaching your lips at the realization of how cheesy you sounded.

Your boyfriend coos at you, hooking his leg over yours to prevent you from scooting too far away from him. "It almost seems like... you love me!"

"I do,"

"You do?"

You slowly nod, biting your lip from stopping your laughs of embarrassment, scrunching your nose up either way.

Donghyuck is more than ecstatic to hear that you love him, he feels so much love for you that it's honestly crazy.

"Say it!"

At this, however, you shake your head, sticking your tongue out at him. "You already know I do! I don't have to say it!"

Before Donghyuck can say or do anything, you untangle yourself from the messy pile of limbs on Donghyuck's bed, stumbling slightly, before you stand up.

"I have a tutor session at the library in half an hour," You mumble quickly, not missing the sly smirk on Donghyuck's lips.

He watches as you scramble around his room, picking up your backpack, notebook on his desk, and finally back to the bed to grab your phone right next to him. You grab it quickly, shoving it into the pocket of your—Donghyuck's—hoodie, before turning around to head straight for the door.

Your boyfriend quips a quick 'good luck!', tugging on your heart strings, and before you know it, you've spun on your heel, and started venturing your way back to him.

This surprises him as well, he yelps in surprise when you crawl back into his bed. You lean down, pressing your lips against his cheek, leaving a loud smooch, before you smile.

"I love you," you mumble against his skin, before you run back out the door with quick steps.

And even if you're already running down the stairs, even if Donghyuck is lying in bed with the goofiest smile, you know that he loves you too.