Lovesick.

lovesick

pairing: lee donghyuck x reader

genre: fluff, a tiny bit of angst, strangers to lovers!AU

word count: 6k words

warnings: swearing, breaking into a restricted area, and breaking back out LMAO

It's strange, you think, how people can lay eyes on someone and decide that they're the person they love

It's strange, you think, how people can lay eyes on someone and decide that they're the person they love. You have never believed in love at first sight, or love in general.

Your friends have often told you crazy stories of how they did crazy things just to keep their significant others with them. Like that one time your roommate went and literally wrecked a wedding, and now she's happily in love.

It was on that day when you decided you never wanted to do such a crazy thing for love.

However, your friends are all very stubborn and have always tried to finally shine the light of love to you. They really think one date and you'd be helplessly in love.

Pathetic, you think yourself as you toss the 7th packet of croissants into your cart. Darn Zhong Chenle and Park Jisung. You should be finishing your packing for your flight back home tomorrow!

You've been feeling awfully homesick lately, nearly breaking down last week when your parents had been mentioned in a conversation. You decided to fly back tomorrow, who knows for how long, and cure your sadness.

Just as you reach out for the 8th pack of croissant dough, you are halted as another hand is reaching out for the same pack, and surprisingly, the last. The shelf was full just earlier, though.

The slim hand that grazes over your fingers sends almost fictional tingles down your arm, and the warmness of the hand causes a sensation to swirl in your chest.

You try to suppress the butterflies that take off in your chest again at the sight of a boy's face, feeling the heat crawl to your cheeks at how pretty he looked. Barefaced and clearly just out of bed, his lips are still puffy and you can see the small tinge of sleepiness that remains in his eyes.

You instantly pull back at the feeling, placing your hand onto your chest to try to calm down. Never in your life had you felt such a feeling. You hand recoils back to your side as you turn to the stranger who had reached out for the packet, surprised to see his own cart full of them.

Almost simultaneously, you both point out to each other's carts, "Why do you need so much croissant dough?"

You squint your eyes suspiciously at the boy in front of you, gesturing for him to take the packet instead. "For a friend... what about you?"

"Oh," The guy shrugs, "two of my friends wanted to do some experiment, like they do every friday."

Huh, that sounds exactly like Chenle and Jisung.