[02:00]

☀️ : hellooo my loves! my school sem starts in about a week, so I'll probably be less active then heh wish me luck though!!

"Why exactly are we going through this route again?"

You genuinely don't have any idea what you're doing at 2 in the morning, trespassing into the public swimming pool pass open hours, but you suspect it 100% definitely has something to do with your best friend, who trudges along the edge of the pool.

Donghyuck clicks his tongue throwing you a look. It's a bit dirty, but at the same time it's slightly amused and fond. "I thought you were listening before! We're going to the convenience store because I am craving the fried chicken they have there and I thought you wanted ice cream!"

You indeed, did not hear that before you agreed to go on this little midnight trip with him, but he's right. You are craving ice cream.

You have two reasons why you weren't listening to Donghyuck before. The first, being the fact that the dumbass woke you up at the literal ass crack at night, mumbling stuff you couldn't process after waking up way too early. And the second, being that Lee Donghyuck looked way too cute while waking you up.

Messy hair, pouty lips, and with your favorite sweatshirt you would always borrow from him? Yeah, whatever he was saying was going in one ear and out the other.

"Why... why are we using this route though?"

"Because it's the fastest way there! If we just go through the back door like how we always sneak in, the convenience store is only just a block away."

The sounds of water, gravel beneath your feet, and Donghyuck's voice is almost enough for you to drop asleep right there, but the urge to eat that ice cream is keeping you awake. "Even then, why are we walking? Couldn't you just borrow Mark's car or something?"

A soft huff slips through Donghyuck's lips, before he sighs and chuckles sheepishly. "You really are forgetful when you're sleepy, aren't you?"

Your eyes trail back to Donghyuck, and they have a glint of mischief, and if you're not mistaken, he's kind of looking at you with fondness. It makes your insides churn and your heart flip at the little detail.

"Last time we went for a drive with it I crashed it into old man Kim's fence, remember? You were in the car with me,"

You do remember, you remember it very vividly. He had crashed because there was some ducks crossing the road, and didn't want to crash into them. You remember this so very vividly because, well, it was basically a crash. Also the fact that Donghyuck was asking you if you were okay every 10 seconds, was all over you checking each and every limb to make sure you were okay.

Oh yes, and the 5 brownies you baked the next day (recipe kindly given from Felix Lee, one of Chenle's best buds) as an apology to Mr. Kim.

"Right." You mumble. "Gotta admit though, it was pretty fun,"