is Lee Donghyuck drunk?

Is Donghyuck drunk? Perhaps Donghyuck was drunk

Is Donghyuck drunk? Perhaps Donghyuck was drunk. He's not sure how many drinks Jaemin passed him, he's not sure about how many he accepted and downed without any thought.

What he is sure, however, is you're drunk. For sure.

You're giggling next to him drunkenly, head bumping against the cushion of his couch. Donghyuck never realized you came to his party, not until you both bumped into each other by the couch.

Your eyes are so droopy, blinking up at your rival, lips lopsided as you pass him a Cheshire smile.

For a moment, you almost seem like the most ethereal person in the room.

"Jaemin's drinks are funny," You murmur, attempting to blink your sleepiness away. You really shouldn't have taken all those drinks.

Donghyuck doesn't answer you, but he is still attentive to your actions, his eyes flitting from your own, to your pursing lips, to your creasing eyebrows when someone bumps into you.

Finally, Donghyuck speaks, his fingers seizing at your wrist gently. "Wanna head outside?"

His voice is soft and velvety, touch caring. Unlike all the times you've wanted to punch his face because of his annoying voice, this time, you think you'd like to listen to it all day. Jesus Christ, what has gotten into you?

A curt nod is all he needs, before the two of you find your way out the entrance of the backyard. There are a few people here and there, 2 dudes passed out on the porch, and a group of people doing skateboard tricks at a corner of the garden.

Donghyuck leads you by the pool lounge chair, despite the pool being empty, it's still there.

You sit there, quiet, taking in all the fresh oxygen after being in a heavy and stuffy environment. Donghyuck's fingers are still encircled around your wrist, tightening softly.

Your head cranes the other way, to face Donghyuck, watching as he does the same. His cheeks are rosy, nose red, and his eyes are just as droopy as yours.

"Jaemin's drinks are too funny. Had too much." Donghyuck mumbles with a small smile. A laugh rumbles through your body, agreeing with him, and his thumb strokes against your palm.

"You okay?"

Donghyuck's question is nothing short of genuine, his voice lightly laced with worry. You quickly nod, shifting closer to him. "I think so." You contemplate a moment after, remembering all the assignments and exams coming up. "I don't think I'll be okay tomorrow, though."

You sigh, eyes glancing down at Donghyuck's hand on yours, the pads of his fingers burning against your skin. You kind of like it. "How about you? You okay?"

Donghyuck is not too sure. For starters, he feels so fucking sick, he feels woozy and dizzy and he has an urge to throw up. Another feeling he has, is the immense swelling of his heart as he observes your every move, and the confusion weighing heavy on his shoulders.

Why is he feeling this way towards you? Why do you look absolutely perfect?

He's so annoyed by you. How can you be so fucking irritating and annoying one day, and be his whole dream the next? Everything about you right now makes him feel weird.

The way you grab his hand and start playing with his fingers, the way the small smile on your lips is absolutely endearing to Donghyuck, even the moonlight that settles on your cheek is annoying him.

And as you start mumbling something about Mark Lee, he feels even more annoyed. Why are you talking about him suddenly? What his so captivating about the way he tutors others or how caring he is? Donghyuck can be caring, goddamn it!

And another realization hits Donghyuck. He's jealous. He's jealous of Mark Lee, he's jealous of how he gets to be someone so close to you, while Donghyuck is nothing but your enemy. He's jealous of everyone and everything that you consider 'nice'. He's jealous even of the wind that grazes through you.

Shit, is he in love with you?

Suddenly, Donghyuck hates everything you like, just because he's not one of them. Is this why he's always seen you so negatively? Is it him just trying to mask his sadness and irritation that you don't feel the same way?

Drunk Donghyuck is willing to change that, he's willing to take whatever risk to get you to like him, al least start shining him in any light other than 'hateful'.

Before he knows it, Donghyuck has plunged forward, his fingers threading between yours, before he tugs you in, and presses his lips sloppily on yours.

You taste of... Jaemin's strange alcohol mixture, and the peach lip balm you use. Your lips are soft, parted lightly with shock. They relax even more, and fit between Donghyuck's lips in a messy kiss.

Something in Donghyuck says to keep going, even when you've pulled away, his lips reaching down again, to capture your lips between his. And again, and again, before Donghyuck pulls away for a breath of air.

Suddenly, he's completely sober.

What the fuck did he just do?

So, to answer some questions, yes, Lee Donghyuck is completely hammered. No, he's not okay, and yeah, he's completely in love with you.

Here's one more question, what will he do now that he's kissed you? What is his decision after basically admitting his feelings towards you?

Drunk Donghyuck decides to run away.