The feels.

a/n: originally part of 'Kiss her you fool!' (my other hyuck fic, line 'You don't remember when you fell, but you're pretty sure it was when he kissed your cheeks passionately at the news of both of you being accepted to the same university' you can find it on my acc yes this is a shameless promo pls read it i put my all writing all those 15k words <33) and thought it'd be nice to maybe just post it!!

To say Donghyuck was nervous, and desperate, was an understatement.

"Look, Hyuck, it's fine—"

"—Not for me!" Your best friend fires quickly, sparing you a single glance, before going back to pacing around your room.

You sigh at his very agitated attitude, knowing well that he really wouldn't listen to a word you say if it's about the current issue. What issue? Just the waiting of the acceptance letters to the school you both want to go to. At first, it was a joke, just a funny thought of spending most of your lives together at college.

But as time went by you really felt the urge to stay together for as long as possible. You couldn't have made it through high school so happily, and neither would Donghyuck. So, applying to the same school was a pretty big thing.

Donghyuck lets out a shaky breath, before settling himself on the edge of your bed, his leg still bouncing up and down rapidly. You chuckle lightly, and this causes him to raise his head and narrow his eyes at you, almost as if a glare. You know he wouldn't really mean one right now.

You take off from your chair, instead sitting down next to your best friend with a bounce on your bed.

Donghyuck doesn't spare a glance at you, he's too busy shutting his eyes and trying to settle his nerves down. They nibble and scratch at every inch of him, swirling a sick sensation to his stomach. He reopens his eyes when you loop his arm with yours, and lean your head on his shoulder.

You don't know how to comfort him, really. You've always known what to say when he's upset, but not this time. Because this time you're scared too. The thought of Donghyuck going somewhere else, probably hours away from you, and having his own fun time with his new friends has you a bit upset too. And not to mention if he falls in love.

Your heart drops at the thought. Why were you feeling such things?

Donghyuck snaps you from your daze by sighing, and leaning his head on top of yours. He feels a bit guilty, because he knows you have mixed feelings about the situation too. He should be comforting you too.

"'m sorry," He mumbles as he softly intertwines your pinkies together, a small thing you both have often done after you did it under his dining table in 7th grade when his parents asked him about his grades. His grades were shit in 7th grade.

"It's okay." You reply softly, leaning deeper as he intertwines all your fingers now. "I don't want to be separated either."

Your eyes slowly raise to brother your laptops on your study table, glaring at the email inbox that gave your best friend so much trouble. You have been waiting for the acceptance letter for about 4 days now, and quite anxiously, at that.

Slowly, you shift away from Donghyuck, untangling your hands as you stand up. "I'm gonna go get some water." You've learned over time that water is the best solution to stopping your nerves, it somehow works like a charm. Donghyuck only hums with a small nod, before he flops back onto your bed with a sigh.

You can only imagine how stressed he must feel, not only does he want both of you to get accepted, it's his dream school. He'd be heartbroken if he doesn't get accepted.

You grab a cup from the cupboard, before taking out the pitcher of water from your fridge, and fill your cup with water. Downing the water quickly, you set it back down on the counter, sighing.

You hadn't noticed your mother working on the counter until she also sighs, gazing at you sympathetically, "How's he doing?"

You shake your head with a shrug, "Nervous, he has been for the past 2 hours."

Shutting her laptop, your mother reaches to her side, taking her wallet, "How about you take him to the ice cream parlor down the street? I'm sure he—"

"Y/N! Y/N, Y/N, Y/N!"

Instantly, you whip around at Donghyuck's beaming voice, "Wha—"

You are cut off by his blissful laughs and jumping around the kitchen, his hands taking your wrists to jump up and down with him. You don't know why he's happy, but you sure have an idea. A smile instantly grows on you lips, and you start to laugh along with Donghyuck.

He plants on both his feet, though still shaking and radiating with happiness, and starts dancing around. Donghyuck takes your hand in his and twirls you around, all while cheering and laughing.

"Did you do it?"

"We did it! Both of us!"

Excitement and bliss fills you at the news, and you start to cheer and dance ten times more enthusiastically around the kitchen as well.

"Oh my god, I can't believe it! We both did it! We can stay together!"

Before you can respond, Donghyuck reaches forward to clasp his hands on the sides of your neck, his thumbs running along the back of your ears affectionately, before he lunges forward to place 2 wet, and very loud kisses on each of your cheeks, puckering dramatically. He then pulls you into his arms, wrapping you around his embrace, swaying side to side.

"This is amazing! Oh!" He pulls away from the warm hug, smiling brightly down at you, "I have to tell my family! I'll be right back with them, okay?"

Donghyuck snatches his car keys he usually leaves in the fruit basket, before skipping out the kitchen with a wink and finger guns at you. A swirling feeling of warmth fills you, tingling at your fingers, before it rushes through you like blood.

"We'll celebrate!" He announces, and the door is closed behind him.

You stand there, in the middle of your kitchen, a stupidly large grin curling your lips up, and your eyes also crinkling so greatly, it's the happiest sensation you've ever felt. Your heart beats in your ears, quickly, and full of love. A tingling feeling is left in your chest as you recall the feeling of Donghyuck's lips pressed to your cheeks.

Lee Donghyuck might just be the death of you.