Safe haven. (ii)

2 weeks ago, (now) boyfriend! Donghyuck proposed running away, a week ago your parents had their biggest fight yet, not with each other, but with you

Today—no, tonight, you plan on running away with Donghyuck.

There are familiar taps at your window, from pebbles, that cause you to instantly spring up from your seat and open the window. There he stood, a small smirk on his face as he flicked a pebble at you.

"Ow- what the fuck?"

"Shhh, give me your bag."

You stick your tongue out at him for a second, before you're running back in to retrieve your duffle bag. It's finally happening, you're running away from your parents, with the only person who actually cared about you.

Donghyuck feels just as relieved, he can do whatever he wants now, without a care of if his family caught him doing it. He's got a whole luggage full of his stuff in the backseat of his car, and it's filled with years worth of belongings.

You appear back at the window with your large bag, carefully dropping it into Donghyuck's grasp with a small thump. You wince at the sound, for it is literally dead in the night, where everything is asleep. You can't afford to make loud noises that could wake your parents.

Donghyuck shoves your bag right next to his, making sure it's secure and won't topple over when the car's moving. He then sprints back to the window, the whole story high window, where you sat and got ready on the window sill.

"Hooooly shit okay uhhh," you mumble nervously, watching your legs dangle several feet off the ground. Your gaze adverts to your boyfriend, who's arms are stretched out and ready to catch you. You give him a confused look, "The fuck? Hyuck I thought you said you'd bring a ladder?"

His confident stare wavers as he bites his lip, "Uhhh it was too risky to get out of the shed..."

A hard facepalm drags across your face, as thoughts of how this dumbo is the one saving you from your parents.

"Come on, just jump! I'll catch you!"

"Do you think that's enough for me to jump?! You're fucking lanky!"

Donghyuck holds back the urge to argue how he's been working out recently, instead just sighing and reaching his arms further up for you. A silent groan erupts from your chest, and you only look down nervously.

Well, he can't be that weak, right?

With one last pro in mind, and many many moments of hesitation, you jump off your window, holding your breath to try not to scream. Your arms reach out for Donghyuck, as he tries to catch you as swiftly as he can.

Unfortunately, swift is not a very good word in his dictionary, as he stumbles the second he's caught you. He takes you two down onto the grass, noises of pain emitting from the both of you. You were wrong, he does not have the muscle to catch a person from a story high.

"Oh shit! I overestimated myself way too much- ah!" Donghyuck winces in pain with every move he makes, carefully pushing you off him and grasping at his shoulder.

The second his fingers push down at his shoulder blade, he starts to groan loudly at the pain. You quickly swat his hand away from his shoulder, shushing him almost violently.

Donghyuck gives you a quick glare, but the pain in his expressions say otherwise when you break out into a grin.

You start to laugh as silently as you can in the asscrack of night, leaning to rest against Donghyuck's other arm. A soft laugh shakes from his chest as well, as he finds the situation somehow funny as well.

Suddenly, the atmosphere is filled with relief and joyful laughter, as you eventually flop down to the grass and push at each other.

After your hard fit of (attempted) silent laughter, you pant, and turn to observe Donghyuck's happy and pure smile you haven't been able to see the past week.

You brush the dirt and grass out of his hair, grinning from ear to ear, "Are we really doing this?"

His gaze grows incredibly soft and comforting, it's so hard to look away from his warm chocolate eyes. Donghyuck reaches up to hold your hand, "We've suffered too much."

Pure bliss fills your body as you stand up to go to Donghyuck's car, the adrenaline pumping throughout your emotions like it replaced the blood in you.

You're finally free, you don't have to deal with petty bickering and spiteful insults. You don't have to dread going home because you realize now, that the person next to you, who's driving his car, who's holding your hand and stroking it lovingly, who was willing to help you escape, to catch you from a story high, is your home.

 You don't have to dread going home because you realize now, that the person next to you, who's driving his car, who's holding your hand and stroking it lovingly, who was willing to help you escape, to catch you from a story high, is your home