number 66's guide 2 love!

synopsis: Lee Donghyuck is great at baseball, and absolute shit at love.

pairing: baseball player! donghyuck x (fem!) reader

genre: fluff, slight angst, slight crack, slow burn, best friends to lovers!AU

warnings: injuries, blood, swearing, alcohol, someone gets drunk, reader us extremely light weight lol, and much pining + slow burn

word count: 15.3k words (woah)

a/n from 🌻: hello there dear sunflowers :) this was inspired by universe (lets play ball) and a bit from kiss her you fool! because i wanted to do more sport bff2l au's LMAOOO

i.

When it comes to baseball, Lee Haechan, aka number 66, knows everything. Strategies and tactics, you could always go to him if you needed help.

And according to him, he's pretty good at love too. You call absolute bullshit, because you've been crushing on him for the past 6 months, if he knows so much about love, he should be picking up the hints!

But instead, he brushes it off as just best friend behavior. Who ignores a drunk kiss as best friend behavior?

You watch as Donghyuck swings his arms, the bat in his hands successfully hitting the ball Doyoung had thrown at him. You chuckle at the groan Doyoung lets out, and the victorious whooping that comes from your best friend.

He looks incredibly nice with his baseball cap, it's always been something that's brought your attention. Maybe it's because of the day he said it looked good on you."Y/n!"

You don't seem to register, or recognize the voice calling out your name until the person's hand is clasped on your shoulder, and they finally shake you out of your dazed state.

With wide eyes, you find the person calling out for you to be none other than Mark Lee himself, who stifles a laugh behind his fist. "Wow, I didn't know Haechan could do that to you. You were out for like ten minutes."

A fist into his gut causes him to stop his laughter, and instead he doubles over in pain. "Ow! Okay, I'm sorry, jeez."

You retract your fist from Mark, mumbling how you would do it again under your breath, before you turn back to the field.

You probably don't notice, you never do, but you always get immersed by what's going on almost in an instant. Mark notices this every time, and finds it's all because of your best friend.

He remembers the night you came storming into his and Jeno's dorms at 4 am, rambling about how you caught feelings for your own best friend. You went on and on until Donghyuck found you sleeping on Jeno's bean bag by the door.

"How are things with him?"

You turn your head at the very unexpected question, blinking up at Mark with surprise painted all over your face.