[23:59]

Tonight wasn't a complete flop, right? Only ditched by your roommate for some cute guy she called 'nana', yeah the usual

Tonight wasn't a complete flop, right? Only ditched by your roommate for some cute guy she called 'nana', yeah the usual. Oh and the guy you had talked to earlier also ditched you for another girl, and you were left alone in a house you aren't even familiar with.

And now, here you are, resting on a bench, rubbing at the growing migraine starting to form in your head.

Yeah, tonight was a complete flop alright.

You take off your heels and throw them into your handbag, muttering how they were far too uncomfortable and squeezed for your feet. God how stressful must this night be?

"Why, if it isn't Y/l/n?"

A soft gasp slips from your lips at the sudden statement, and as if you had no trace of former stress, a sly smile widens on your lips at the sight before you.

Lee Donghyuck, more known as Haechan, stands there in his suit, his hands shoved into his pockets and his tie unraveled as he shines boyish smile your way.

"Haechan," You breath out a chuckle. "I didn't know you were at the party?"

The boy shrugs, taking a few steps closer to you, "Yeah, I wanted to come say hi to you, but you know Renjun and his alien talk."

A soft laugh escapes your throat before you could hold back your amusement; you wouldn't be able to hid it anyway.

Lee Donghyuck has always been a competitor to you. You had despised him some time ago, but after recent events of meeting him in a cafe you had grown attached to him, as much as you hated to admit.

One thing, your big fat disgusting crush on him. After telling your roommate about your feelings for him, she had cleared it out to you that you had a massive tooth-rotting crush on him. And now you can't help but agree, and you are unable to stop your heart from swelling every time he was around.

Apparently, you two are blind as bats as everyone complains and comments of your so called 'flirting' and constantly tell you to get together. No matter what, the two of you can't possibly look straight at them in the eyes and lie.

It's truly amazing to them, how you can be so oblivious to your heart eyes towards each other.

"Where's Renjun?"

"With Jeno,"

You eye him suspiciously as he takes a seat next to you, "Why don't you join them?"

"You just looked so lonely here, I just had to cheer you up."

A straight nudge to the rib shuts him up, and he instantly clutches the area in pain. Though there's a feeling of hurt and slight annoyance in him, endearment fills his heart and makes him all fuzzy and warm inside when you blush lightly in embarrassment and look out to the beautiful view in front of you.

"Now now, Y/n, don't attack me for wanting to spend time with you." Your lips purse as the embarrassment turns into shyness at his stare he keeps on you, your own gaze instantly falling when you glance at him.

Gosh, Lee Haechan and his attractive face.

The conversation falls into silence, the sounds of cars and quiet cicadas filling the night breeze. Though you try to relax and stay calm, you can always feel Donghyuck's gaze staying on you, and you know he can read you like a book.

Could.

Strangely enough, the guy himself can't read you as much as he could before, he was once able to distinguish that small purse of your lips as nervous, the twiddle of your fingers around the ring on your finger would be a habit, but now, it just seems so cute to him.

All he can focus on his how he thinks you look so incredibly stunning tonight, and how he felt for you when he saw your dejected expression as your roommate ditched you for Jaemin. Oh how he longed to take your face between his hands and turn your smile into that sparkle he adores to see.

"I'm glad to came tonight." You suddenly state, looking away into the opposite direction of Donghyuck. "And came to cheer me up. I must've looked obvious if you came to actually cheer me up."

"You always look obvious, Y/l/n."

Once again, you huff out, and raise your arms in the air to smack playfully at his shoulder, only to be met with your wrist caught and caged into his soft palm. His fingers that once encircled around your wrist untangled themselves, and reach up to fit them perfectly into yours.

"It's obvious that you wanted me to come cheer you up."

You also hate to admit this, but he was right. You had a mere glimpse of him entering the small gathering, and hoped the whole time for him to come and get you, save you front the boring conversation you had with the guy who's name you forgot already.

A swelling feeling of adornment fills you up once you turn your head to look at Donghyuck, his smug smile turned into a beautiful, full grin at you. His eyes sparkle with the reflection of the moon in them, and you think he could infatuate you more than a moon could ever.

Another sensation rushes through your veins as Donghyuck tangles your hands tighter, and pulls you gently closer to him. You comply and shift closer to him, grinning as you twist and play with his ring instead of yours.

"Is it also obvious that I want you to ask me out?" The shock on his face causes you to snort, the delighted smile curling his lips up a second later melting you.

"Friday? The diner just down the block?" You propose, eyes falling back to the sight of your tangled hands together on your lap. If you stared at his glimmering eyes you're afraid you might just drown in them and find a whole new universe there for you to discover.

"2 o'clock sharp. Don't be late, Y/l/n." Donghyuck brings your hand up to press his lips against your fingers softly, gazing into your eyes with excitement.

Fuck it, you'll dive in and you don't care if you drown, you know you'll eventually do it at some point.

"It's a date, Lee Donghyuck."

🌻: i might take a small break from tumblr after kiss her you fool because of all my school work, but of course, i will still be writing, just not posting :) pls enjoy my last drabble before im gone!