For eternity

You sigh in disappointment when you see no signs of your best friend around

He had promised to come and bid you goodbye, but your hope slowly fades as the seconds tick by without him here with you. You did have an argument last week, but he would still come right?

Your heart aches at the thought of having to leave without making things right with him, your insides churn at the thought of leaving him upset at you.

You desperately want to go and search for him, apologize and leave with a content heart, but it's too late to leave the airport at this point, you would miss your flight.

Honestly, you wouldn't care, but your parents would scold you to no end. They had left about 15 minutes ago, thinking you would be waiting by the gate for your flight. But here you are, waiting for Donghyuck to come with warm goodbye hugs that would linger for hours on end.

Anxiousness washes over your body when you check the time, you only have an amount of time until you're too late.

Tapping your foot on the ground, your eyes scan every little thing that moves, hoping that it would be him. But he's nowhere in sight 2 minutes later, when you decide to give up with a sigh.

You stand up with your backpack and luggage, ready to walk in and get to security check, tears burning your eyes as an empty sensation fills your heart. How foolish could you be? He was crystal clear with his cutting words, 'fine! leave! don't come back, for all i care!'.

You take your first sluggish steps, dragging your feet across the ground almost pitifully, sniffling and trying to keep in your emotions. There are sudden loud, quick steps that resonate through the big building as someone runs towards your gate, coming to a stop a few feet away from you.

Through your blurry vision, you find more tears welling up in your eyes upon realization that it was Donghyuck standing there, panting and whipping his head around.

You freeze in shock, eyes glued on him as he looks to his right, his lower lip caught between his teeth, before he whips his head to the left.

Thousands or butterflies seem to blossom through your stomach, fluttering to every inch of your body, it causes your arm jolts up into the air, your lips to curl up, and they fly around your throat as you yell, "Hyuck!"

It seems like time slows down when his eyes visibly light up, and it feels like there's nothing that matters in the world when he locks his eyes with yours, your tears finally flowing down your cheeks as you wave and smile brightly. Donghyuck's one smile shines through the dull building, and he starts jogging up to you quickly.

The second he gets to you, his palms are enveloping your cheeks, his thumb wiping away your tears softly. "I'm sorry," He mumbles the moment he regains his breathing, his eyes glistening with how own tears as he stares into yours.

"It's okay, you came."

Donghyuck shakes his head with a chuckle, "No, I mean for what I said. Come back home as soon as you can, please." He begs, taking in your presence before it's gone for god knows how long. Too long, you know.

"Come back to me," His whisper blows against your cheeks, and you instantly nod, relishing in the feeling of his soft touch. There are so many words wanting to be said, so many things you want to do. But there's just no time.

Just as the both of you open your mouths to say whatever you want to say, an announcement of how your flight is currently boarding cuts you off, and the bliss you feel turns into a sunken, cold sensation of how you have to leave.

You softly, but reluctantly pull away from Donghyuck's hold, grabbing ahold of your luggage once again, ready to go. You spare your best friend one last meaningful smile, before it completely falls and you return to sluggish steps.

Though, it doesn't last too long as a sudden tug at your backpack holds you back, and turns you around, and suddenly you've been doing what's been on your bucket list for years.

Donghyuck is kissing you with his all, pushing further on your lips until you eventually reciprocate the feelings being poured into the kiss, ditching your luggage handle for the soft strands of Donghyuck's hair. The way you curl your fingers around the hair feels nostalgic, of all the times you've twirled them between your fingers countless amount of times during sleepovers, movie nights, even the nights you feel a little bit less lonely with his presence.

You pull away with a sigh and an instant grin, sliding your hands down from his neck and back onto the cold handle of your luggage.

Before you take a step, your other hand reaches out to tug Donghyuck's sleeve, capturing his attention once again.

"Wait for me?" You mumble, eyes hopeful and hold soft. Donghyuck takes your hand in his, squeezing reassuringly with a smile, "Forever."

Though miles away from him, in a different time zone and environment, you feel completely content. It's not like you're really apart though, you still video call every night as usual, and you update each other on everything.

Though there's something so different now, it's a whole new experience, and you know it'll be worth it when you get back home, back to him.

🌻: hello sunflowers!! i hope you enjoyed this one i got the idea when i saw this one gif HAHA how are you guys today? make sure to stay home and stay healthy!! <33