Safe haven. (iv)

You didn't think you would last this long without getting caught, but you somehow managed to keep hidden and not be recognized by people

Of course, there were people who suspected you were runaways, but you'd quickly change the subject and leave before they would realize anything. It was tiring.

You walk out of yet another motel, quickly jogging down the stairs before the owner could come out and question you two further about your identities. It was only a matter of time before these people would report you.

You've gone across the city, constantly looking for places to stay and work without any ID until you save up enough to get out. It wasn't working so well with the fact that you had no ID.

Donghyuck nudges you with his hip playfully, smiling at your pouty face, "Come on, cheer up babe!"

A small smile grows fondly on your face at the nickname you still haven't grown used to, you really are glad that he's keeping his spirits up for you. If it wasn't for him, you'd be breaking down every few hours. You bump his hip back with yours, "Where to next?"

Your next destination is further from the central city than you thought, almost near the edge where it meets with smaller houses and cafes. It's quite the long journey, but you're ready.

Walking would be the best choice for you two usually, but for a place this far, you'd rather take a taxi. It's risky, but as long as you stay guarded you're sure you can manage.

A yellow taxi pulls up in front of you with ease after just a few minutes of waiting and calling for one, the driver inside smiling politely at you. With a small and quiet greeting from Donghyuck, you two climb in the back seat and instantly settle down on the seats. You haven't been in a car for so long.

"Where to?"

You doze off as Donghyuck mumbles the address of the new motel you plan to check out, leaning to show the driver the place on the maps. You don't realize with how tired and comfortable you are, but he bites his lip in an attempt to hold back a knowing smile.

He has an idea of who you two are.

Donghyuck flops back into the leather seat, sighing at the sensation of finally resting on something comfortable without having to worry about anything. His head rests on the window, as it shakes and vibrates with every inch the car travels. The runaway closes his eyes for a moment, enjoying the nostalgic feeling of being in a car.

Donghyuck's eyes trail back to your peaceful form, smiling gently at the sight of you finally relaxing too. He knows how worried and stressed you've been lately, and it relieves him that you're at least enjoying a little bit of the trip.

He lazily crashes his fingers with yours, folding them together warmly. You can only find the strength to smile at such action. It was only a matter of time until you completely fell asleep.