[04:13]

☀️ : hey guys!! First of all thank you so much for the rapid growth in attention this book is getting it means so much to me!! Second, sorry for not updating recently, i got sick and didn't have the energy to write :( and with that we get to the third point, gonna post a fic for hyucks bday but!!! I think it'll be a bit late since i have like 3 days to write it but im only halfway LOLLL so i apologize and hope you can look forward to it, thank you ^3^ now enjoy some spiderhyuck ^^

Donghyuck can't exactly tell how you're feeling.

He doesn't even know how he feels himself. He's hurt, yes, that's the whole reason he's come to you, and he's worried, hopeful, and he feels guilty.He grows even more guilty every time your face hardens.

How would one react if their best friend came tumbling in their room with many bruises only to admit that their the very superhero who protects and saves the city?

Donghyuck wouldn't know, he's the best friend in the situation. He guesses it's not good, with the way you frown and sourly sigh.

A grimace echoes through the room when you press the ice pack particularly hard on Donghyuck's bruised cheek. "Are... are you upset?"

A scoff leaves your lips, and you glare at Donghyuck. "No shit I'm upset, Donghyuck. I'm feeling a lot of fucking things right now."

His hand reaches out to grasp yours, his fingers that slip through your own a sign of a silent apology. This action makes you calm down a little bit, but just a little bit. You continue tending to his bruises, blowing the hairs from his face.

"Talk to me, what things?" Donghyuck's intentions clearly have no ill intentions, and he only genuinely wants to know how you feel.

"Well, how would you feel if one of the most important people in your life comes barging in with injuries and reveals that they've been doing the most dangerous shit? That they're a literal superhero with superpowers? That they might literally be in so much danger?"

Donghyuck can't speak, he doesn't have the words to say anything. He knows it would feel really shitty.

"Yeah, not fucking good! I feel so worried, and so fucking guilty that you haven't even been crossing my mind even when you could be dying."

Donghyuck does nothing, says nothing, but bump his head to your shoulder, slinging an arm around you reassuringly.

"But at the same time," You huff out and wipe at the tears that graze the corner of your eyes, giving into your best friend's hug. "I feel proud. My best friend is Spiderman, for fucks sake! The coolest superhero out there,"

"You told me Ironman was your favorite," Donghyuck mumbles against your neck, laughing when you jab at his side.

"I have a new favorite."

Laughter bounces around the walls of your rooms, the atmosphere shifting drastically to a lighter one. After a full hour of silence and a sour tension, it's truly relieving to loosen up a little.

"But in all seriousness, Hyuck," you pull away, and clasp both your hands to his cheeks. They're scattered with dark purple spots, and you can't help but grimace at the sight. "you can trust me now. Don't even hesitate to come here for help if you need any, okay? I'll always be with you."

Donghyuck clings onto you gratefully, finally so relieved to have admitted his biggest secret. Now he has nothing to hide, and a safe place to go to.