CHAPTER 1 ↠ arriving in small heath

Two days since the disappearing of Bea Gold, one boat arrived at Charlie Strong's Yard in Small Heath

Two days since the disappearing of Bea Gold, one boat arrived at Charlie Strong's Yard in Small Heath. A girl, with her head in two perfect braids, with a hat on top, got off.

"Small Heath, love," announced the man stirring the boat. "Welcome to Birmingham. Enjoy your stay."

As she walked around the dirty streets, she knew better than to ask around for anyone, so she went to a place she knew someone could help her.

It was useless looking for her father directly, since he was a Gypsy and sleeping away from town.

The Pub seemed to be closed, but its doors were unlocked.

"Hello?" Bea calls out as she gets in.

"We're closed!" a voice barked.

"I'm looking for someone."

"Yeah? Well, we're closed. Come and look when we're open."

"I'm looking for Thomas Shelby... or... any Peaky Blinder."

A man came behind the curtains of a room across the pub.

"Why are you looking for Tommy Shelby?"

"I was just... looking for someone he may know."

"Well, you found Tommy," the man with icy blue eyes says. "Who can I help you find?"

"Aberama Gold."

"Sit," he orders pointing at a table. "Do you drink whiskey?"

"No, Mr. Shelby."

"What about Champagne?"

"I don't drink, Mr. Shelby."

"Fuck it. You're at The Garrison, you'll have my gin. And you're in luck, it's not even on the market yet."

Bea didn't decline, with uneasiness and concern growing inside her.

He puts a glass in front of her and pours gin, as he gets a glass of whiskey for himself.

"So... Why are you looking for Aberama Gold and why are you asking me about him?"

"I'm his daughter, Mr. Shelby."

"Esmeralda?" he tried to guess but with clear doubt in his eyes.