CHAPTER 64 ↠ the girl finn was trying to impress

When they get outside, they stop before joining everyone else

When they get outside, they stop before joining everyone else. Where the dancers had been dancing now stood Mosley, making this 'oh so grand' speech. Bea stood next to Polly and Tommy in between Polly and Lizzie as they heard Mosley's speech.

"I'm sure our host will forgive me if I use this platform, this gathering of friends and like minds, to give you, his trusted allies, an early announcement of a long-overdue event. I want to tell you good folk first... that with the dawn of a new decade...I will be setting a new course. Setting up a new political movement here in the very heart of England. And Mr Shelby will be with me, shoulder to shoulder."

Hearing that Tommy was supporting whatever bullshit Mosley was saying made Bea turn and look over to him, wondering what was actually going on.

"It will offer a new conception of politics in which the great character of the British, our true character, will be reborn." Mosley pauses, looking at everyone around him, who listens carefully. "Many of you lost fortunes in the recent stock market crash. The men of money, the capitalists in New York, the Jews... the money-power, they... they run an international system in which the infinite mobility of money, its capacity to create financial chaos and panic, can bring down any government that dares for one moment to oppose it."

Bea finds Gina and Michael in the middle of the crowd. She can see straight away that Gina is pleased with the course this speech is taking. Michael on the other hand was hard to read. Bea wondered if he actually understood what Mosley meant.

"For generations, the efforts of hard-working men like you have equipped our competitors against us. The cotton mills of India. The cotton mills of Asia. Created with British money but used for the destruction of Lancashire and Yorkshire!"

Many voice their support for this, saying things like "disgraceful".

"The usurers of New York, the sweated labour of the Orient combining to destroy the iron and steel factories of Warwickshire and Staffordshire. These are policies that could not be pursued by British statesmen unless they were mad or the servants of Jewish finance! They are the ones who took your money, but it is I and those who know this truth who will light a flame the atheists cannot extinguish!"

Everyone started clapping at that.

Bea was able to find Aberama, alone, away from it all, spitting and then slowly walking away.

"The ranks of our heroes of the Great War have been betrayed again and again by politicians! But hear this - those of you who fought the Jew war for nothing, you brave men, you will join hands with the angry youth of Birmingham and Manchester and London and Liverpool and declare that England lives tonight and marches on!"