chapter 45 ↠ unwelcome knowledge

Bea walked into the Garrison alone

Bea walked into the Garrison alone. The room usually reserved for the Shelby's was open and only random people were inside. She asked a gin to the barman and then took a seat. Soon enough, Finn walked in and sat next to her, kissing the side of her head in the process.

Bea clears her throat and looks around discretely, trying to see if anyone had caught the sign of affection by the youngest Shelby brother.

"Why are you concerned about people looking?" Finn asks with a sigh, noticing it.

"Just don't want anything to reach anyone's ears."

"Don't worry. People won't talk about anything related to Shelby's that openly."

"I've heard things. People hear all sort of things..."

Finn doesn't bother replying and just takes her glass and drinks the gin.

"Hey, that's mine," Bea says reaching for the glass, but Finn grabs her hands and pins it to the table.

"Don't be greedy, Bumble. Share your drinks with me."

"You better buy me a new one."

"I'll get you a drink in my apartment."

"That's a really rubbish way to take a girl to yours, Finn," Bea says amused.

"You're going, so it works." 

"My going with you tonight has no correlation whatsoever to that line of yours."

"Tell me, Bea. Tell me more about your time in New York. You still haven't told me much."

"What do you want to know?"

"Did you miss me?"

"Of course, I did. There was um... the second night, we went to have dinner at a restaurant and there was a piano," Bea starts telling leaning towards him and keeping her voice low. "The music being played was beautiful. And as I listened all I could think of was you, and your kind eyes, and your careful touch, and your loving smile, and every soft thing you ever whispered to me."

Finn leans in closer to her, closing his eyes as she speaks.

"And when I got the flowers and the bumblebee painting, I felt misplaced. Like I should be here with you and not there. And every night I wondered what you had done during the day, and if you were still waiting for me..."

"I would wait forever for you," Finn affirms.

Bea shakes her head, believing, since always, that no one should just wait for someone forever. She sits back straight, and Finn does the same.