CHAPTER 23 ↠ an agreement with tommy

Bea got ready early in the morning and when she got out of Polly's house there was a car waiting for her

"Miss Gold," the driver greeted before opening the door for her.

She sat in the back of the car and enjoyed the drive to Tommy's house peacefully.

"Good morning, Francis," Bea greets when she comes to the door.

"Come inside, Miss Gold. Mr. Shelby isn't ready for you yet, but you can wait for him in the living room."

"Thank you," Bea says as she walks inside.

"Would you like some tea?"

"Yes, sure. Tea would be nice."

"I'll take care of it, then," Francis says before disappearing.

Bea looked around, the house seemingly too empty, and instead of going into the living room she walks around.

"Good morning!"

Bea turned around with a jump and saw Lizzie at the stairs. Her eyes immediately went to her belly, which was starting to show.

"Morning. And congratulations. I just heard when I return from London, about the baby."

"Thank you," Lizzie says with a small smile. "You're here to see Tommy?"

"Yes, he wanted to see me. I've been talking to Polly about getting a job..."

"Good for you. I'm sure Tommy will have something right for you. Would you like something to drink?"

"Francis is making me some tea," Bea told.

"Let's go sit down then. How was London?" Lizzie asks as they walk next to each other.

"Boring. Well, for me at least. I'm sure for many others London is anything but boring. You must be very excited, about the baby."

"I am."

"Are you thinking of names? I reckon something with a B would sound nice," Bea jokes.

"I already have the name actually."

"Yeah?"

"Ruby. Polly told me to name her that way."

"Oh, so you already know it's a girl?" Bea asks surprised.

"Polly. She did one of her things and told me."