CHAPTER 72 ↠ broken agreement

Isaiah leaves Bea alone close to Tommy's office and then she goes inside

Isaiah leaves Bea alone close to Tommy's office and then she goes inside. Knocking on the door before going in, Bea finds Tommy sitting down already.

"Come in. Sit," Tommy orders as he lights up a cigarette.

Bea does as he says and sits across his desk from him. He offers her no cigarette.

She stays quiet, waiting for Tommy to speak up.

"Why do you think you're here?"

Thinking about what answer she should give, Bea looks around the room, he eyes stopping on the knew window Tommy had, since the other had been blown up with the blast that killed Ada's man.

"That's a nice window you have there," she says.

Tommy doesn't say anything about it.

"Have you told Aberama what the plan is?"

"I have."

"Aberama must have enjoyed it the moment he heard Jimmy was going to be there and he'd be able to do whatever he wants to him, hey?"

"Yes, I think he did."

"And have you dealt with item number 4?"

"Micky is dead."

Bea nods, surprised by how calm Tommy seems. As if they were discussing what food they should go and get and now how he murdered a man a few minutes before.

"Look, let's make this quick, I have somewhere I need to be."

Bea wonders where Tommy needed to be, since she knew nothing that needed to be taken care of after the meeting and, as of recently, Bea knew Tommy's every move.

"Before I got to the family meeting, I was held up by Jimmy McCavern."

Bea makes no motion to show she knew what Tommy was talking about.

"Now, Bea, I thought we were very clear on this."

Bea just turns her eyes back at the window.

"We talked about this, Beatrice," Tommy says with a sigh. "Look at me."

She doesn't look away from the window.

"Look at me," Tommy asks again, calmly. "Bea, look at me." He paused to give her a chance to do so, but as she didn't, he banged his fists on the desk. "LOOK AT ME!"