CHAPTER 73 ↠ jesus goes to church

After leaving Tommy's office and going out the street, Bea started walking in the only direction she had in mind when Isaiah stepped in front of her

"Oh, thank God!" he says with relief.

Bea can't help but smile at the remark.

"I thought something had actually happened to you."

"Like what?" Bea questions amused. "Tommy wouldn't hurt me. He would... kick me out of Birmingham. Hurt me only if I came back after he told me to leave."

"Why did you stay longer than Tommy?"

"Why are you spying?" Bea points out. "He told me to smoke a cigarette and to lock up after leaving. You don't happen to know where he's going, do you? He seemed in a hurry to leave."

"No, I don't. And if I did, I wouldn't tell you. You've gotten into enough trouble as it is."

"Tommy did ask me about me knowing the meeting with McCavern. But don't worry, I made him focus on what I did and not how I got information."

Bea grabs Isaiah's arm and then intertwines hers.

"Thank you. For stopping me."

"I didn't stop you, Bea. You wouldn't go further than cutting his eyes out. You were just waiting for someone to come in so you could end it."

Bea looks up at Isaiah and smiles.

"You always knew I couldn't do it?"

"It surprised me when I heard the guy scream. But I guess cutting his eyes out is nothing compared to what you wanted to do to him. Anyways, no repercussions?"

"None for now. I get to keep my job, my eyes, my hands..."

"Tommy must trust you a lot. Even after you went behind his back."

"I wouldn't be the first person to attack someone based on feelings. The whole Changretta business... Didn't Tommy want his brothers to kill Mrs. Changretta? That was more feelings than business."

"How do you know that? That was before you came here."

"Bonnie told me. And Finn isn't particularly good at keeping secrets. Not from me at least," Bea tells with a smirk.

"Where are we going?" Isaiah asks, since he was just walking along with Bea.

"To pray for forgiveness."