CHAPTER 8 ↠ too purehearted

Bea woke up in Finn's bed as he and Isaiah slept in the small living room of the apartment

Bea woke up in Finn's bed as he and Isaiah slept in the small living room of the apartment. She got out of the bedroom and went to see the two boys, who were still fast asleep.

"Oi! Isaiah," she whispers as she shakes him softly. "Wake up."

"What?" he mutters as he turns to the other side, still not awake.

"I need you to take me to Watery Lane!" she whispers again, making sure Finn doesn't wake up.

"Five more minutes..."

"Five more minutes and Bonnie will have your head. It's day already!"

Finn turns in the sofa, making Bea look up at him, but doesn't wake.

"Come on Isaiah," Bea pleads as she shakes him a bit more.

This time Isaiah opens his eyes slightly.

"Morning already?"

"Yeah. Now come on! I need to get to either the Shelby Home or Polly's house. The shop is closer. And you need to go get ready for work, no?"

"I do," he lets out as he sits up. Isaiah looks to the window, where a slight light shines through.

Bea helps him get up and they both leave without waking up Finn. Since she had gotten just a bit drunk with gin, Bea was fine to start the day. The same could not be said about Isaiah and Finn would be worse when he woke up, too.

"Last night was fun, hey?" Isaiah says with a smile as they walk along the streets.

"Sure. You still recall what I can do with a gun, though, right?" Bea shows him a lopsided grin.

"I saw a bit of Aberama Gold in you. Definitely won't forget it."

"Good. But it was fun, all right. Except when Finn shouted out of nowhere," Bea says more seriously.

"Did you really see what you said?" Isaiah asks curious.

"What? About Finn?"

"Yes, what you saw about him with a whore."

"To be honest... No. I heard Polly and Lizzie talking the other day at the Betting Shop."

"So you were just guessing, last night. You can't really tell fortunes at all?"

"Just because I'm gypsy doesn't mean I have to have all these witchy habilities, you know? Besides, I figured you knew I was a fraud."