CHAPTER 60 ↠ a new start

Over seven weeks after leaving Ada's house, Bea was still away from Birmingham

Over seven weeks after leaving Ada's house, Bea was still away from Birmingham. In those seven weeks, Finn was rarely without female company. Most days he'd find comfort in cocaine and prostitutes, who would go to his apartment and office alike.

Even though Isaiah had tried to keep his promise to Bea and not tell Finn about her being gone, just a day after Bea had departed, as Isaiah was telling Finn that she really liked the painting and would thank him personally when she felt better, he slipped that now she wasn't locked at Polly's house she'd probably get better quicker. Finn was mostly angry that she had just left without telling him, and then he got even angrier remembering the last words she had spoken to him. So snow, booze, and women became a way of him to feel better, for a while.

He had one prostitute that started to become a regular in those three weeks, but one time, at his office in the betting shop, after doing cocaine, an Asian woman came in, and when he asked what had happened to Maggie, the one he requested as usual, and the woman asked if he didn't like her, he sat back, relaxed and said he liked everything.

Little did he know that she was no prostitute and was there not to please him but to keep him at gun point and call his brothers at The Garrison, while they were having a meeting with Brilliant Chang. Chang was using Finn to make sure Arthur and Thomas would concentrate on business. Soon enough the woman at Finn's office shot to the ceiling and went away.

Seven weeks, almost eight, were enough for Bea as she made the journey to Birmingham on her own again. The first place she went to be The Garrison, knowing that Tommy and Arthur were taking care of business there that day.

As the small private room the Shelbys always used was occupied by them and on other person, Brilliant Chang to Bea's unawareness, Bea went to the bar and ordered a Gin.

It was then that Finn, not wasting time after the Asian woman had left his office, had run to The Garrison and straight into the small private room, without looking around, and firing a bullet at Chang, who was left unarmed since Thomas and Arthur had quick reactions and pushed him against the wall and raising his arm up the ceiling.

Everyone was started in the pub, not able to see inside the room since the door was closed the moment Finn had shot the gun. Bea looked at the door, put her drink down and then went to eavesdrop. She didn't care about anyone seeing or anyone telling Tommy or other Shelbys later on.

 She didn't care about anyone seeing or anyone telling Tommy or other Shelbys later on