CHAPTER 41 ↠ underwater

Bea returned to camp before nightfall ate dinner and then went to sleep

Bea returned to camp before nightfall ate dinner and then went to sleep. The next morning, she put on some trousers and trained with Bonnie. As obvious, Bonnie knew boxing and body-on-body combat much more than Bea did. In fact, if he tried even a little bit, he'd knock Bea out. So, when he was attacking her, he was doing it much slower and lighter than he usually did, telling Bea how to defend herself.

Bonnie let Bea hit him a few times as hard as she could, to practice the attacks the way she would to everyone else. Although she needed more turns at doing so, Bonnie could well understand she had the Gold blood running through her veins and helping her fight.

They spent hours on that and Bea learning to defend herself in the most efficient way possible. At the end, Bea was red and sweating.

"You didn't do half as bad as I thought."

"Thank you, brother," Bea says looking to Bonnie from the ground.

Bea then sits up but stays there slouching and catching her breath.

"We'll train more tomorrow. Make sure you can really fight off someone when you need to."

"Great. I'll go swim at the lake."

"All right. I'll see if Aberama wants to go hunting for some food."

"Great," Bea says extending her hand so Bonnie can help her up.

Bea took a towel and clean clothes and went to the lake she had gone to two days before. 

She got in the water and, as she had done before, she started submerging her head and holding her breath as long as she could time after time.

Bea broke to the surface breathing deeply.

"Jesus!" she heard someone shouting with fright.

She turned quickly, with the help of her arms, only to see Finn near a tree at the other side of the lake she had left her things. Bea smiled at how scared he seemed from her popping out of the water.

"Were you there this entire time?"

"I guess so, but I don't know when you got here."

"Too long ago for you to be underwater the entire time. You trying to die or something?" he wonders, agitated.

"Aw, were you worried about me, Finn?"

"Surprised you were there, actually."

"Can you swim?" Bea then asks.