Prologue

Requested by smutreader34

Long, long ago back, when the universe was still in its early stage of development, the stardust floated around space until time had done its job and started to create, stardust had been forced to combine with stars, ultimately creating life, these small creatures named themselves the kwamiis. Over the years more and more were birthed, eventually, after billions of years, they found themselves living on Earth where their everyday abilities were powerful there and soon found they could connect their powers to objects that could help the human race.

A human had found one of these items and learned the existence of the kwamiis and their power which they called the miraculous and as a peace offering the human made the miracle box a home for all kwamiis to live in and a guardian would be chosen every hundred years or so to protect it after being properly trained.

The guardian had no power over the kwamiis so they ultimately chose who gained the power of the miraculous just by teleporting themselves and their object in a box somewhere where the chosen one would find it where they were then tasked with protecting their city and people, the miraculous usually was passed down in that family's generations unless the person was deemed unworthy of the power of the miraculous.

All were very powerful but two, when combined, would grant you a powerful wish from the ladybug earrings and the cat ring because their powers were creation and destruction when merged, this deemed them the most powerful but when they aren't used together all other miraculous jewels were just as powerful. Or at least that's what my grandma told me, I chuckle at the story my grandma told me when she learned I was going to be studying abroad in Paris.

"You're going to Paris? Then there might still be hope!" She had exclaimed happily. When I had asked hope for what? She had told me the story of the miraculous and how the peacock miraculous was supposed to be my family heirloom but had been lost years ago in Paris.

She had made me promise that I'd look for it but I don't know how I'd do that since when you look it up there's no information about anything called the miraculous so I didn't exactly believe her but a promise was a promise.

I step out of the airport and take a deep breath before looking around, soon spotting a sign that read "Welcome to Paris (y/n)!" I smile as I approach the small family that agreed to take me in. Tom Dupain-Cheng was a large man with a blue shirt, an apron covering his pants, short brown hair with a mustache, and a warm smile. Sabine Dupain-Cheng a smaller woman wearing what I believe is a qipao, a bright warm smile, and black hair, and finally Marinette Dupain-Cheng, their daughter, pink pants, pink flats with black bowes, a white shirt with cherry blossom petals, a black jacket with pink polka dots at the end of the sleeves, a pink purse with a cherry blossom and black pigtails with the same bright warm smile her parents had.

"Hi there, you must be (y/n), I'm Marinette, you'll be rooming with me," She says as we shake hands. I'm then introduced to her parents and we go back to what I'll be calling home for the next few school years. After unpacking, I notice the fashion designs strung up all over the walls. "You're a fashion designer?" I ask, turning to Marinette. "Well, I'm aspiring to be one," She tells me with a closed-eye smile and a giggle.

"What do you wanna be when you graduate?" She asks as I pull out my headphones and place them where they belong: around my neck. "Well I'm a musician, I do covers and write my own songs," I answer, pulling out my guitar from its case. "Really? Do you have a video?" She asks and I pull out my phone and the record of me playing the guitar on the site I posted my music. Marinette was silent the whole song through and as the final note ended, signifying the end of the song, she gave me a wide smile.

"(y/n), that was amazing! You have to play tonight!" "What? N-no, don't be ridiculous." "Please?" "Fine," I sigh. She drags me downstairs and tells her parents. That night I grabbed my guitar and played an original song of mine:

(Not actually my original)

Author: Ok so I'm going to try working on two stories at a time and hopefully stick to my normal posting schedule but I will still ask that you all be patient with me as I try to figure all this out since I'm still trying to find a good writing schedule that goes well with my new school schedule. For those who are wondering why I don't just write in the Summer when I don't have to worry about school, it's because writing for me is a great stress reliever from school that I've actually kept up which also improves mental health. Also thank you to Cute798 for agreeing to help me write this story. And for reading all that, here's a realistic image of Luka that I found while searching for the cover:

 And for reading all that, here's a realistic image of Luka that I found while searching for the cover: