Animan: Part 1

Alya, Marinette, and I were hanging out in the courtyard of the school, waiting for the bell to ring, signifying the lunch period, Marinette was currently looking over a magazine with Adrien on it while she and Alya listened to my latest song, I was chatting with Luka over text.

Your latest song: 

"Wow, roar," Marinette mumbles staring at the image causing the three of us to giggle when finally we hear the bell ring and start to head out. "Girl I cannot get over your latest song it is on fire!" Alya compliments, showing the song on her phone. "Seriously where did this come from?" Marinette asks and I shrug stating "I may have gotten some inspiration from our three favorite heroes." "Then I'm so posting it on my Ladyblog!" We let out a laugh before Marinette sighs at yet another photo of Adrien as she mutters "He's such a-" "Smartie, hottie, swamisimo, yummy-tastic, spellbinder," Alya and I interrupt her in unison and she chuckles "All of the above."

She bumps into Nino, dropping the magazine. "Oh, so sorry right Nino?" Adrien asks, stepping out from behind him and Nino stutters out a sorry before Adrien and Marinette bump heads to pick up the magazine. "Sorry about that, how could we make it up to you? Any ideas Nino?" Adrien asks, Nino firmly staying quiet, and I raise an eyebrow, what is going on here?

"How about we all check out the zoo today? Word is they've got a new..." Adrien trails off, snapping his fingers in his friend's face who stutters out "They- Th-they've got a new panther." "Awesome idea, right Marinette? You love animals," Alya nudges Mari who had been grinning from ear to ear the entire time. "Uh yeah! Yeah, I'm uh really into zoonnimals- I mean anizools- I mean zoonamools..." She facepalms and I grab her shoulder reassuringly stating "Sounds like a plan."

"Cool, say after school? Four o'clock? Nino, sound good?" Adrien says and Nino nods. "Cool, four o'clock then." "Four. Four o'clock," Mari confirms and I watch curiously as Adrien drags Nino off, what's up with them today? That entire interaction was weird...

"H Earth to Marinette! You do realize the guy you're completely crazy about has just asked you outright?" Alya asks, waving her hand in Marinette's giddy face before the realization sinks in. "Yeah...HUH?! Wait what?! No! Not like this, not here, not today! I haven't washed my hair, and I'm not wearing my lucky socks!" She starts to freak out causing me to roll my eyes in amusement before she clings to me and Alya begging for our help. "I...Help me you guys, I can't do this alone!" We both let out a sigh as we looked at each other, sometimes this girl and her crush were too much.

It was after school and we had arrived at the zoo first, we had bought microphones beforehand like what you see in spy movies and quickly set them up. "One two, one two, testing. Do you read me, girl?" Alya asks and I giggle at Mari's reaction, we hiding behind some trees to keep an eye on the situation.

"I can hear you but I still don't think I can go through with this," She responds and I roll my eyes, seriously, getting her to be comfortable around Adrien had been a hassle, none the less I tell her "Of course, you can just be yourself." "Remember the last time I did that?" Mari asks and we all remember the bathroom incident where she had gone into the boy's restroom to ask Adrien out.

"Fine just be yourself and look where you're going," Alya puts in her two cents before I cross my arms stating "Though that should've been a given," That's when we hear her mumbling to herself, wondering where the love of her life was I'm still wondering how that's the case when she can't even talk to him. "I'm gonna talk to him! You'll see, I will speak to him," She suddenly says as if responding to my thoughts. "That's it girl way to be motivated," We hear her start to freak out. "There they are!" We peek between the trees to see Max and Kim who walk over with a wave. "False alarm," She sighs out.