Horrificator: Part 1

"Agent Smith, it's to dangerous, we must evacuate!" "You're suggesting we run Officer Jones?! After it devoured my family? My friends? Even my beloved dog Sniffles?! Never! I won't run, I no longer fear it. I'll face it, then I'll-" Mylène lets out a shriek as Ivan jumps up wearing the monster mask.

"Cut!" Nino shouts in annoyance and Ivan takes off the mask as Mylène hides under the desk and he apologizes. "I'm sorry Mylène." "Mylène, that's like the tenth take and we're only on the first scene!" "Fourteenth actually but who's counting?" Alix points out, the entire class was making a movie for the film festival tomorrow, Nino, Marinette, and Alya were trying to record the first scene, Kim was holding the microphone, Nathaniel was on lighting, Alix kept track of takes, Julekia was on make-up, Rose was on snacks, and refreshments, Max kept us updated on time and was going to be our editor, Sabrina and Chloé were doing nothing and Luka and I were working on the soundtrack in the back.

We had pre-recorded music we'd been asked to make and we were listening to it through headphones on a computer as the scene rolled, making changes through a program so the music would fit so we could finally make the final soundtrack.

"I'm sorry...I-I'm gonna do better on the next take I promise," Mylène told us, and though we all knew she'd try there was no guarantee. "You're playing a hero from the special forces, you're not supposed to get all freaked out." Nino points out and Mylène shudders when she glances at the monster mask. "I know but that monster mask he's wearing is so realistic and scary." "It's just big ol' me Mylène, nothin' to be scared of," Ivan tries to reassure Mylène, sticking his fingers through the mask's eye holes. "If you ask me, he doesn't even need a mask," Chloé mocks with a laugh. "Ivan put the mask back on, you're playing the monster! And Mylène we need you to stay in character."

Mylène gives Ivan a scared look before closing her eyes and starts singing, slowly backing up. "I need to sing my happy song, it always makes me feel better...Smelly wolf, smelly wolf stinky breath and slimy-" She accidentally bumped into Adrien, scaring her, causing Chloé to stand up and mock her.

"And the Oscar for best pathetic scaredy-cat, afraid of its own shadow goes to...Mylène!" We all glare at Chloé, Adrien soon asking if she was serious. "Yeah, so what?" Mylène runs out of the room crying and I ask "Anyone going to go after her?" Ivan throws off the mask and chases after his girlfriend. "Epic Chloé, just epic! What are we supposed to do now without our leading actress?!" Nino asks Chloé angrily and she scoffs. "Who needs her anyway? She was totally lame." "You're lame! Mylène is crying her eyes out in the bathroom thanks to you!" Ivan shouts, bursting back into the room.

"Me, lame?!" "Hey, hey! Everyone chill out!" Mari exclaims, waving her hands to get everyone's attention before whispering something to Ivan. "Fighting isn't going to bring Mylène back. I'm the producer and I'm gonna do everything in my power to finish filming tonight!" "The deadline for the Parsian student short film festival is tomorrow evening precisely twenty-six hours, fifteen minutes, and fourteen-thirteen seconds from now."

Max points and Mari thanks him for that tidbit. "And we still have editing, post-sound, soundtrack..." Marinette trails off and Luka points out. "Which we can't work on unless the scenes are done and we're getting tired of listening to the same track over and over," Marinette lets out a sigh as Adrien asks:

"But who's gonna take Mylène's part?" "Um me of course," Chloé interjects and Alya scoffs. "You haven't even read the script." "Of course I have. The first scene anyway, I can even tell you that it ends with a kiss between Agent Smith and Officer Jones," Chloé stated, leaning in close to Adrien, Mari freezing in shock. Confused myself, I pull out the script and look it over to see in fact there was a kiss scene. "That's new," Luka mutters, looking over my shoulder and I nod as I ask "Hey, Alya! What's with the script change? Luka and I don't have a track prepared for this, why weren't we told sooner?"

Before Alya could answer me Mari grabs her by the collar asking with grit teeth "You wrote that?!" Peeling Marinette off of her, Alya looks over the script in confusion. "Hold up! I didn't write that." "Uh, I wrote it. It was just a little tweak you know to move the story forward-" Nino nervously starts to explain before Alya gets up in his face. "What?! You edited my script without even telling me?! That's low!"

"Wait a minute you mean our script," Nino growls, causing Adrien to sigh before taking a cup of juice that Rose offered. "Thanks, Rose." "Oh, who cares who wrote what, we've got to film this thing right?" Chloé points out, stealing Adrien's juice before he could take a sip.