Luka Chapter Six

"It's over there," Juleka says pointing to the place she needed to be and I lock my bike as we head over to where Juleka's classmates are. I haven't heard too much about what was going on besides a bet between two other classmates. We were waiting on some people to get here when I see (y/n) walking up and my face lit up to see her.

"Hey (y/n)," I say while waving at her and she comes to stand next to me, making me happy. "Hey, Luka." "So what's this bet I've been told about?" I ask her and she's quick to give a response. "Kim always makes all of us do these stupid dares and he said the only way he'd stop is if someone beat him in a race. Alix here was kind enough to take on that challenge."

Before I could say anything our attention turned to who I believe was Max, he was about to start the race. "On your marks...Get set-" He gets cut off by Alix, causing Kim to faceplant and everyone to laugh. "Hold up!" "Frepheting already?" Alix hands Alya a silver watch stating "Hold onto this for me will ya Alya? I don't want to drop it during the race," But it's your responsibility to look after it, I mean technically you are but wasn't Alya going to record the race? "Hold on girl, I gotta-"

Alya tries to explain before being cut off. "Guard it with your life, it's a family heirloom!" Again, she can't exactly look after it but it's not my place to say anything. "Marinette take this, I gotta record this for my blog," Alya explains, handing the watch to Marinette so she could record, that isn't a good idea, she's holding the banner.

"On your marks, get set, go!" We hear Max shout and the race begins. Julrka's classmates start cheering but my attention is on Mariette as she tried to tell Alya "But she asked you to look after it, I've gotta hold up the banner-"

That's when the other person holding the banner tugged a little too hard forcing Marinette to drop the pocket watch, (y/n) and I instantly make a move to catch it but a hand reached out before us and caught it. That was a close one. "Good thing he caught it, otherwise it might've broken," I comment as we watch Marinette interact with the boy who caught the watch. "Yeah, it should be in safe hands with Adrien," (y/n) tells me before she turns her attention and starts to cheer for her friend. "Go, Alix!"

I smile down at her, she was so cute when her face lit up like that. "Adriekins~ What you got there? Some super old case or something?" We hear Chloé ask, earning our attention once more as she started playing with the watch. I've heard a lot about Chloé from Juleka and (y/n) so I knew it was a bad idea to trust her with other people's things. "Careful it's Alix's," Adrien warns, keeping his hands under the watch in case it was dropped.

"If it's Alix's it's probably worthless." "Give it back to Adrien Chloé," We hear Marinette tell her while giving a look when (y/n) spoke up as well. "Seriously, you have no right to snoop around with Alix's things," Chloé gives us a glare before she started messing with the watch when it lights up, scaring Chloé as she throws it onto the track before anyone could stop her or grab the watch when Alix skates over it, destroying it to bits.

"This isn't going to end well..." I mutter as we watch Alix scates over to her now broken watch. "I call a re-match, that false start back there threw me off," Kim huffs out before noticing Alix's distraught face. "Did you do this?!" Alix angrily shouts at Alya who nervously tried to explain things.

"I had to videotape the race so I gave it to Marinette but she had to hold the banner so she gave it to Adrien then Chloé snatched it from him and dropped it then you uh...Skated over it."

"My old man gave me this for my birthday! This watch is totally a family heirloom!" She angrily shouts before she started to skate off. "It was an accident!" "We didn't mean any harm Alix," Marinette and Adrien call out to her before Chloé scoffed at us all. "As if, I totally have nothing to do with this." "You're ALL to blame!" Alix angrily shouts before leaving with Marinette taking off after her. "That wasn't cool, I get she's upset but putting the blame on everyone else isn't ok, I hope she realizes that when she calms down."

 I say, crossing my arms as we watch the two leave. "Yeah, and hopefully that watch can be fixed," (y/n) chimes in before checking her phone before taking off shouting "I gotta go, be back soon!" I watch her run off, why does it always feel like she needs to be in two places at once?

I was talking with Juleka and her friend Rose while I waited for (y/n) to get back when someone in a black, red, and green suit, helmet, and roller blades came skating up and touched Chloé and her friend and the freeze, catching everyone's attention.

Everyone went into a blind panic as we all started to run away when a thought hit me. (y/n) was going to come back, she wouldn't know it was dangerous here and she'd be vulnerable, easy to attack. I turn around to run back, hoping I could find (y/n) before she got here. That's when I see the roller bladder targeting one of Juleka's classmates. Before I knew what I was doing I was pushing him out of the way as the skater's palm touch my back and I froze. I'm sorry (y/n), I'm sorry I couldn't protect you-

The race starts and everyone starts cheering while Marinette tried to hand Alya Alix's pocket watch back. "But she asked you to look after it, I've gotta hold up the banner-" The other person tugs on the banner too hard, causing Marinette to drop the watch.

Quickly (y/n) and I go to catch it when a blonde boy catches it asking "Need any help?" "Good thing he caught it, otherwise it might've broken," I say as we watch the two talk. "Yeah, it should be in safe hands with Adrien," (y/n) tells me before she turns her attention and starts to cheer for her friend. "Go, Alix!"

I smile down at her, she was so cute when her face lit up like that. "Adriekins~ What you got there? Some super old case or something?" We hear Chloé ask, earning our attention once more as she started playing with the watch. I've heard a lot about Chloé from Juleka and (y/n) so I knew it was a bad idea to trust her with other people's things. "Careful it's Alix's," Adrien warns, keeping his hands under the watch in case it was dropped.

"If it's Alix's it's probably worthless." "Give it back to Adrien Chloé," We hear Marinette tell her while giving a look when (y/n) spoke up as well. "Seriously, you have no right to snoop around with Alix's things."

Suddenly we all hear Ladybug shout "Chloé! Put the watch down!" Everyone jumps in shock from the shout when somebody who wore what looked like a black, green, and red roller derby suit jumped down, causing Chloé to drop the watch and it breaks. "No! Ladybug! This time it's your fault, I need more energy, I gotta go further back in time," We hear the stranger mutter as Alix rolled up, staring at her broken watch with grit teeth. "Ladybug...It's all Ladybug's fault," This doesn't look like it's gonna end well.

"Everyone get out of here, don't let her touch you!" Ladybug demands and we all scatter when I notice y/n running in a direction that would leave her as an easy target. I quickly run back and grab her by the hand as I start to pull her the opposite way.

"(y/n) don't go that way, you'll be spotted if you go that way," I tell her as we ran. "You came back to get me?" "Of course I did, I don't know what I'd do if whoever that was got you," I answer her question as we continued to run. After a while we stop, both of us panting from the run as I state "We should be safe from them now," That's when we see it. Two of that roller derby-looking chicks appear and are skating right toward us!

Without hesitation I pull (y/n) into a hug to protect her as one of them touches me and I froze. As long as you're safe (y/n) I don't care what happens to me-

I open my eyes and look around, I was heading back home with Juleka, w-what happened? I see the ladybugs that fix everything after an akuma attack disappear and I sigh as I think back on what happened. I had protected (y/n), I recall her shocked face but I worried her...I'll make sure to give her a call when I get back home.