Gamer: Part 2

Marinette starts doing a victory dance and Kim asks, awestruck "Wha? I can't believe it, she beat him?" "Beat him? She pulverized him!" Alya exclaims and Rose sings "The king's been knocked off his throne~" Everyone except Kim and I start cheering for Marinette we understood how much of a blow this was for Max.

"I accept this defeat. I relinquish my position in the tournament, congratulations Marinette and Adrien," He glumly starts to walk out and we call to him. "Max wait-" "Look, I'm fine, I lost fair and square now if you don't mind I'd like a little solitude," He leaves and Mr. Damocles gestures toward the two. "So Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Adrien Agreste will represent Françoise-Dupont High School at the Paris Ultimate Strike III Tournament. Good luck to both of you." "Well, looks like I'll be coming over to practice with my new partner, see you later," Adrien leaves and Mari goofily smiles with a wave. "See ya."

Alya and I walk up to her with our arms crossed telling her "Now you gotta win M, you're gonna be representing the school, not just hanging out with Adrien." "You also now have to make it up to Max for stealing his spot, this meant a lot and all you could think about was Adrien," I chime in and my point is proven as she mumbles his name. We both facepalm again.

As we were leaving school Marinette was gushing to me about how she'll get to spend time with Adrien. "Again if all you wanted to do was hang out with Adrien there were other ways to do that." "What are you getting at?" "Kim had told you before you pulled that stunt how much this meant to Max, he had been training all year and what does he get? Pushed out of the tournament for selfish desires," This seems to get to her and she sighs. "You're right, all I could think about as Adrien...Hey, Adrien's coming to my house. Adrien's coming to my house! This is a total disaster!"

She takes off without another word and I shake my head at her just as Kim walked up. "You convince her to forfeit the position?" "Nope, and I doubt she will so we're left with cheering Max up with something else, maybe we can take him to the arcade?" I offer and Kim shakes his head. "The main attraction there right now is Ultimate Mega Strike III, it would only remind of it."

I lightly bite my fingernail in thought on what we could do but nothing came to mind and I ask "Is there anything he would want?" Kim starts to think when his eyes widen and he pulls out his phone, soon showing me an image of a computer chip. "Yeah! Max told me he was working on a special project and he needs this chip to finish it but he hasn't been able to find it."

I give Kim a smile as I tell him "Perfect, let's find that chip," Surfing through the internet we find a few stores to check for the computer chip and start heading over to them. So far there hadn't been any luck, we enter yet another shop and show the image of the chip, once again the shop owner shook their headband told us "Sorry, don't have it, been trying to get that myself, it's hard to get and can be pretty expensive. Good luck with your search though," We wave goodbye and exit the shop, and out of the corner of my eye I notice something black turn around the corner, what was that? That's when I noticed how quiet it was.

I look around to see the street and sidewalks were empty, there was nobody or any cars, where could they have all gone within the five minutes we were inside talking to the shopkeeper? "Where to next?" Kim asks, and I look at him, he doesn't seem to notice everyone went missing, I point down a street we had walked down to get here, we would've had to turn a different direction in that street. We head down it again to find an empty street as well. Something weird was going on here.