Volpina: Part 1

Alya, Marinette, and I walk into the school, mine and Mari's attention turning towards our classmates as they talked about some girl named Lila. "Can you believe Lila knows Prince Ali? She even flew in his private jet with him!" Rose exclaims before our attention turns to Chloé. "Why did Jagged Stone write a song about Lila when he could've written it about me?" "Lila knows all of the Hollywood directors she promised to mention me to a few of them," We hear Nino next, our confusion rising on who this Lila person is.

"Lila?" Mari asks, turning to Alya hoping she would have answers when I shrug. "Yeah, she just transferred to our school and even gave me an exclusive interview for my Ladyblog cuz Ladyblog saved her life once. Watch!" Alya points upstairs where we see the unfamiliar girl talking to Adrien. Alya pulls out the Ladyblog and goes to her most recent post where we get a better look at Lila. She was a tan girl with hazel-green sleek eyes, hip-length auburn hair with blunt bangs with two shorter pieces closely tied framing her face, her hair tied in a low ponytail I guess? I wasn't sure what the exact style was. She wore a dark grey sleeveless and short pant-legged jumpsuit with white polka dots, paired with light grey leggings, brown ankle-length high heel boots, and a vermilion jacket.

I squint my eyes at her, I didn't recognize her, Ladybug always filled me and Chat about anything that happens as we do with her and I don't recall hearing or seeing her save this girl. "Who is this girl and what is she doing next to the love of my life?" Marinette asks and I roll my eyes at the exaggeration. "Lila is living her life to the fullest she's so awesome!" Alya squeals only freaking out Mari more. "Don't say that! What if Adrien falls for her? I've never flown in a private jet, nobody's ever written a song about me, and I don't know a single person in Hollywood!" (You fly by a magic yoyo, Jagged Stone DID write a song about you, and you know Chat Noir, (s/n) and told/ proved to Alya you know Ladybug as well and you should know Adrien at least likes LB. stop freaking out)

"Girls we gotta stop them!" "Girl chill out," Alya then starts to walk off rambling about how her ratings went up after the Lila interview and Marinette asks "What's going on? I mean has this Lila girl hypnotized everyone or something?" "You wouldn't happen to be jealous of her popularity would you Mari?" I ask, crossing my arms with a smirk.

"Huh? Me, jealous? No way!" "Then if Lila is a good person and if Adrien falls for her then that's fine as disappointing as it'll be that he didn't choose you, you should just be happy he's happy, that's what love is," I tell her, Luka crossing my mind for a minute, it was clear Marinette thought of Adrien as the definition of perfection and I've been trying to get her to humanize him so if Adrienette as Alya calls it happens, it'll work and not fall apart.

Quickly she grabs my hand and drags me toward the library where Adrien and Lila had gone. We hide behind a bookshelf close to the table they were sitting at, Lila was missing, Flaake soon peeking out, opening her mouth to say something but abruptly stops, her eyes widening as she looked at the book Adrien had just pulled out of his bag. "(y/n)! Adrien's book! I need a closer look!" She suddenly says, flying out from my purse/ bag. "Flaake what are you doing? You need to hide!" I whisper shout at her only for her to fly off to the bookshelf closer to Adrien but before I could move Lila came back, stopping me.

"What's that?" Lila asks, pulling the book from Adrien and looking it over. "Nothing just stories about superheroes," He calmly answers and Lila places her hand over his. "I love superheroes." "Oh no! It's already too late!" Marinette whispers to me, causing me to bump into a cart, an idea coming to mind. We use the cart to sneak closer to the table. Lila and Adrien were now talking about Ladybug.

"She's amazing..." Adrien trails off. "A girl doesn't need to wear a costume to be amazing you know," Lila points out, leaning in close to Adrien, causing him to get flustered. "I dunno I-" "So you've got a little soft spot for the bug huh? You know I'm a close friend of Ladybug." Lila lies and I silently glare at her, Ladybug took the secret identity code seriously so if she was talking about her identity that was a lie and we don't have enough time to make friends with civilians when we're in hero mode.