Gamer: Part 1

The class cheered for Max as he beat his latest opponent against him in the game Mega Strike III the most popular game in France right now. It had gotten so popular in fact a tournament for the game was made and schools and groups were competing including Collège Françoise-Dupont. Tryouts for the two competitors were today, so far our lead competitor was Max. "The last person to try out is Adrien."

Ms. Bustier says and the match begins shortly after. A few minutes into the game and in comes Marinette as she stares through Alya's phone at the match while she recorded it. "What's going on you guys?" She asks us and Alya quickly shushes her before Rose jumps in her face to explain.

"Tryouts for the Paris Ultimate Mega Strike III Tournament! The school will send the two students with the highest scores!" "Naturally the tryouts are for a partner to team up with Max in the tournament," Kim chimes in, confusing Marinette. "Why Max?" "Because he's been unbeatable during the tryouts, he's even got the highest APM over anyone," I tell her, earning yet another question. "APM?" "Actions per minute. This tournament is his whole life, he's been grinding all year to level up," Kim answers her when our attention turns back to the screen to see Adrien had just beat Max with a score of 25,000 over 24,000. "Adrien is now in the lead," We're informed and Kim asks "What happened Max?"

"Awesome job. We're gonna make a killer combo," Max says, high-fiving Adrien when Alya and I hear Mari mutter "So let me get this straight. If someone manages to beat Max's score they'll team up with Adrien at the tournament?"

Alya and I deadpan at her as Kim tells her "No one can beat Max. Or rather Max and Adrien, it's a slam dunk, they're our school's dream team," Alya and I nod before we grab Mari's wrists and drag her to a secluded part of the library. "We see where you're going with this little lady," Alya warns, sticking a finger in Mari's face.

"Just imagine, teaming with Adrien~" She squeals and I somewhat shout at her "Are you out of your mind girl?! For one this is about stepping up and representing, not snuggling up and snogging. Two are you seriously gonna take Max's place after you were told how hard he was working for this? And finally, if you wanna play with Adrien, you have his number just call or text him asking if he wants to come over and play! This is serious business," She rolls her eyes at me and asks "Seriously guys? You think I'd actually go through with it?"

We start to nod our heads yes when she rushes back to the tryouts, interrupting Mr. Damocles. "Wait! Uh...Is it too late to try out?" Alya and I facepalm, dragging our hands down our faces as everyone gave her a shocked and confused look.

"Well the library is closing up in five minutes but..." She sits down and gestures for the controller. "Is she serious? There's no way," Kim scoffs and I respond "Yet she'll still try," Alya soon chiming in. "Unless the particular player has a particular motivation," Max tries to explain the game to Marinette who finishes his explanation with a sigh and ending with "I'm not a noob thank you very much," I recall back to when she'd play against me and her dad, most of the time she always wins.

"Sounds like a sufficient amount of knowledge. Let's see if it's enough to beat me," The match started and everyone's jaw dropped to the floor as we watched Marinette absolutely crush not only Max but his and Adrien's high score with a total of 30,000.