Animan: Part 6

"Huh? A car jack?" She asks, giving the object a confused stare, and Chat Noir jokes "Too bad Animan doesn't have any flat tires." "Look at how small his front arms are," Ladybug says, peeking over the car. "So he won't be great at basketball, what are you getting at?" Chat jokes and she points at me.

"You distract him so Chat can climb on top of him where he can't swipe at you and while you're distracting him, I'll floor him." "Sounds like a good plan. I can be very distracting," He once again tries to advance on Ladybug who promptly shoves him out of her face with a sigh when the car we were crouching behind was crushed by Animan's foot and we take off. "ICE STORM!" I summon my power and freeze his feet in place, giving Chat Noir the chance to hop on top of his head when he breaks free and I start freezing random body parts when Ladybug uses her yoyo to catch him and trip him.

"Well that's weird, we didn't even have to use this, what could it mean?" Ladybug says in confusion as we stared at the fallen dinosaur. "Well, I guess that means we rock as a team," Chat tells her, walking to him to grab the bracelet when LB and I see what was about to happen.

"Chat Noir wait!" She pulls him back just as I freeze Animan's mouth shut but it didn't take long for the ice to break. "I know what to do. Enjoy your meal!" She takes off and jumps into Anima's mouth, both of us staring at the dinosaur in shock, anger soon bubbling inside. "You're so gonna pay for this," Chat threatens as we prepare to attack him when we see his mouth start opening wide and inside his mouth?

Ladybug uses the car jack before promptly stepping out and grabbing the bracelet, smashing the charm between her palms, and de-evilizing the akuma. Once everything was fixed LB turns to us and lifts up her fist. "Pound it?" Chat envelopes her in his arms for a hug muttering "Ladybug, that was a wild ride," I join in on the hug before a beeping noise catches our attention and we look at Chat's ring. "Whoops, better take my whiskers and run!" He takes off and we explain what happened to the akumatized victim.

By the time I got back to the bakery, I was ready to collapse on my bed for a nap. When I round the corner I see Alya and Luka talking. "Alya, Luka, what are you two doing here?" "Seeing if you and Marinette were here," Alya responds after they both turned toward me. "Well, I'm here, not sure about Mari though," This prompts Alya to take out her phone and call Marinette where Luka and I could hear bits and pieces of Marinette apologizing for earlier when she walks around the corner.

We all chuckled as the two dropped the call and Nino walks out of the bakery with a bag of cookies. "Thanks, Nino," Alya grabs a cookie and start munching on it as Mari and I stared at the both of them confused. "Uh, what's he doing here?" Marinette whispers and Alya explains.

"Ladybug locked us together in the same cage all afternoon." "It turns out we have tons in common. You know Marinette the girl I've got a crush on?" Nino asks, earning him a nod before he points at her "Actually it was you. Or that's what I thought until chillin' with Alya that whole time-" "Yeah well we didn't have to give her all the detes do we? The funniest part of it was Nino was totally being coached by Adrien at the zoo," Alya reveals, catching Mari's attention.

"Adrien was there?!" "Yep, lol huh?" "Alya tells me you've been crushing on some dude," Nino pipes up, causing Marinette to start freaking out before Alya reassures her "He doesn't know who it is pinky-swear cuz...Cuz I don't go and make decisions for other people." "But if you want I can totally make it happen," Nino offers and Alya quickly steps on his foot. "That is if I knew the dude-" "Nino!" "Fine. Pretend I never said anything but if I can help-" "Nino!"

We burst out laughing at the new couple before they take off, Mari leaving too so once again it was just Luka and me.

Once alone he clasps my hands and leans his forehead on mine and before I could ask, he explains. "I was so worried when we came out of the zoo and didn't see you but I can only assume you hid when the animals escaped," I smile and nod, soon thanking him. "I know it was dangerous to go back into the zoo so thank you for going back in there to help my friends, it means a lot," I then lean down/up and kiss him on the cheek, quickly taking notice of the color pink dusting his cheeks before I wave goodbye and head inside. "Yes!" I whisper shout to myself, fists pumped into the air and Flaake raises her eyebrow at me. "I finally got him back for making me blush all the time." "Whatever helps you sleep at night (y/n)."