The Bubbler: Part 1

I was packing my bag for school today, singing the lyrics of the next song I was going to make a cover of when I hear Marinette's third alarm go off and I shout up at her bed. "Marinette, seriously get up and get ready or we'll be late again!"

She slides down her staircase and spins saying "Happy birthday!" She knocks into her mannequin. Rolling my eyes, I watch as she gets up again and spins into her chair, turning her computer on. The screen popped up with photos of Adrien surrounded in hearts. "Happy birthday Adrien," She starts making kissing noises at her monitor so I remind her. "Marinette, we're gonna be late." "Right!" She quickly starts to get ready.

Just as we were about to leave Sabine catches Mari's attention. "Marinette, don't forget to clean your room after school today." "Mom, it's Friday and I'm already doing something with (y/n) and Alya." "Fine, I'll go ahead and clean it but don't blame me if I come across any of your private stuff like your emails, your diary-" She starts listing things off and Marinette quickly interjects stating "Okay! I'll do it, I'll do it!" I chuckle to myself as Sabine tells us "Have a nice day you two." "Happy birthday- I mean have a nice day," Marinette says before we head out.

Morning classes went by and Marinette had been stalling all morning to give Adrien his birthday gift. It was now our lunch break before afternoon classes. Alya, Marinette, and I were hiding behind the staircase leading into the school, Adrien and Nino were standing in front of the school, close enough to hear what they were talking about.

"Dude, seriously? Has your dad always been such a downer? You think he'd at least remember what it was like to be young and wanna party a little," Nino exclaims while blowing bubbles. "No, I'm sure he was a downer back then too. Well, at least I tried," We hear Adrien say glumly. "It's your B-day dude, insist!"

We peeked over the railing before ducking again as Mari buried her face in the present. "You can do it! You can do it!" Alya encourages her and she starts chanting it as well.

"I can do it! I can do it! I can do it!" "You know what? I'm gonna have a little convo with your pops." "Don't waste your time, he's not gonna change his mind," We hear the two converse as Marinette stands up, looks at them...And crouches back down muttering "I can't do it! I can't do it!" Alya and I let out a sigh as we drag a hand down our faces. "No, you don't girl, you've been stalling all morning, now is the time!" I exclaim before grabbing her hand and dragging her over to Adrien.

I wasn't gonna let her run away this time. She stumbles forward a bit, holding the present outward before quickly hiding it behind her back and giving a quick wave. "Hey." "Hey," He says back with a wave. "We heard it was your birthday today, so one: Happy birthday Adrien, and two: Marinette wanted to give you something, isn't that right Mari?" I ask her, with my arms crossed and a smirk, there was no way out of this, she knew I wouldn't let her run away from this.

All eyes fell on her, and she gave a nervous smile as she stuttered. "I...Uh...I wanted to um...Gift you I make, I mean gift you a gift I made, I mean-" Chloé had walked up, watching the whole thing with a yawn before shoving her and in turn me out of the way as we both tumbled to the ground. "Out of the way!"

I watch with a glare as she throws herself at Adrien, kissing his cheek as she tells him: "Happy birthday Adrien." "Yeah, thanks Chlo." "Dummy..."
I hear Mari grumble while Alya and I facepalm, we thought we had it this time.

"Did you get the gift I sent you?" "Uh...No." "What?! Oh, those delivery guys! I bet it was too heavy so they had to go back and get another guy to help, those slackers! I'll make sure they get it to you by tonight," She says with another kiss before walking away. We peek over to see Adrien's chauffeur was driving down the corner and Alya quickly whisper-shouts "Get back there! Don't be a pushover! Literally!" Marinette groans in embarrassment. "Come on, you can do it!" I exclaim and she stands up when the car honks its horn. "Gotta go, photoshoot," Adrien says before getting in the car and we watch the car drive off.

"Why can't I just mean what I say?" Marinette asks with a slight huff. "You mean say what you mean?" I correct her and she points at me stating "Exactly."

Getting an idea, Alya drags us over to Adrien's house where we could drop the present off. We spot the mailbox and Marinette struggles to open it. "This mailbox won't budge." "Ring the doorbell," Alya stated and Mari shook her head. "Are you kidding? What if Adrien answers the-" Alya cuts her off by ringing the doorbell.

A camera pops out of the side, bumping Mari on the head. "Yes?" A female voice rings out. "Um...Hi, I'm in Adrien's class and I uh..." She shows the present with an awkward smile while Alya and I shake our heads in amusement. "Put it in the box," The mailbox opens and she slides the gift in. "Thank you! I hope he likes it," She exclaims all giddy as Alya asks "You signed the note right?" She makes a face before groaning, Alya and I once again shaking our heads at her.