The Evilustrator: Part 1

I sigh, finishing up writing the last of the notes written on the blackboard, it was science class with Ms. Mendeleiev, and lucky us she prepared yet another lecture. She started asking questions when she called on Nathaniel we receive no answer, she calls again, nothing. We watch Ms. Mendeleiev walk over to Nathaniel's desk before slamming her hand on it, startling the poor boy awake as she asks:

"Nathaniel! What are you drawing?" He stutters to come up with a response. "And these artistic endeavors are clearly why you are failing science." "I'm...Sorry...?" "You go march yourself down to the principal's office and show him that chicken scratch. Then you'll be really sorry."

He gets up and starts to leave but ends up tripping over someone's bag, his sketchbook opening, showing everyone in the front of the room a drawing of him and Marinette. "Ooo, look, Sabrina, it's him as a superhero, and look who he's saving, it's Marinette! He's so totally crushing on you Marinette," Chloé announced loudly to the class as she ripped a page out before Nathaniel took his sketchbook back and stormed out of the room.

"The next particle physics presentation group is Nino, Adrien, Max, and Alya," Ms. Mendeleiev says as she starts pairing us all into groups for our next assignment and I hear Mari whisper "So lucky!" "And then Sabrina, Chloé, (y/n), and Marinette," We both groan, Alya, tapping both of our backs in pity. "So unlucky."

"Uh, Ms.? Can't you add them to another group? Sabrina and I work much better on our own." "This is a group presentation, not pairs, deal with it," We let out another groan. "You wouldn't be willing to trade groups would you?" Mari asks and Alya shakes her head no. "And deal with that twosome of terror? Sorry. But I promise to talk to Adrien about you in between the particles and the physics." "You're the best!" Marinette shouts, tackling Alya with a hug and I shake my head. "You and your crush, come on we have to talk to Sabrina and Chloé about the project," I say, having to drag Marinette out of the hug.

"Ugh, forget is Sabrina I don't have time for some dumb project. Besides now you have Marinette and (y/n) to help you," We hear Chloé say as we walk closer, soon hearing Sabrina tell her "Ok, that's fine Chloé. We'll do the work. Don't worry," We exchange confused faces before Mari asks:

"Is everything ok?" "It's fine Marinette." "Then why can't you help us with the project?" I ask, crossing my arms and Chloé shouts in my face "None of your business Miss. Nosey." "Uh actually since we're part of this group it is," Marinette tells her, earning us a glare which we happily give right back. "It's ok you two. Us three will do all the research and all the writing for our project and then Chloé can present it, that way it's equal."

Sabrina tries to reassure us but we just give her a look of disbelief. "That's not equal at all. Is that how you two work?" I ask, pointing from her to Chloé, and she and Marinette nod. "Yeah. We've been doing this ever since grade school when I started doing Chloé's homework. And we've been BFFs ever since!" "You got a problem with that? Come on Sabrina," Chloé says, trying to pull Sabrina away when Marinette grabs her shoulder.

"Sabrina, Chloé is totally taking advantage of you. You don't have to do what she says. That's not how a real best friend acts," Marinette points out when Chloé tugs Sabrina closer stating "Not only am I Sabrina's best friend, I'm her only friend. So she better do what I say because without me she has nothing."

"Well, I'd rather have no friends than be friends with you," Marinette scoffs out and I tell her "Besides you're not her only friend, she's more than welcome to our friend. I for one will be happy to hang out with her." "Whatever, I've got more important things to worry about. My hair is a hot mess and Jhon Claude promised to work his magic, later~"

With a roll of our eyes, Marinette and I grab our stuff and start to leave when we hear Sabrina call out for us. We turn around to see her running toward us before pulling us into a hug. "Marinette! (y/n)! I can' believe you stood up to Chloé like that! It was so amazing." "Uh well, what are friends for?" Marinette asks and I nod. "You guys are my friends! I'm really super excited to hang out with you and have a new best friend that actually helps with the project. We're going to have the absolute best time together! Then we'll do the presentation and tell Ms. Mendeleiev the truth about Chloé, sound good?"

She tells us with an excited smile, both of us confused. "Sounds...Awesome...?" I respond and she jumps up in joy. "Great! Then I'll see you in the library besties!" With that we head to lunch and later come back to the library for study hall, an argument soon breaking out between Chloé and Sabrina about the project.