JinKook / Fluff

A soft sigh slipped out from Jungkook as he peered at the large luxurious bed in the center of the enormous room. The king was still asleep. As one of the king's personal guards, Jungkook was tasked with waking him each morning.

Stepping over to the bed, Jungkook grabbed the blanket and pulled it down just enough to view the king's handsome face. He looked so peaceful; it was a shame to have to wake him. However, Jungkook's admiration of the king's face halted when he saw the corners of his mouth twitch, like he was struggling to not smile.

"Your Majesty, you're awake. Why are you still in bed?" Jungkook was neither surprised nor disappointed.

King Seokjin finally cracked a smile but kept his eyes closed."I'm not awake. I'm asleep. See? My eyes are closed."

"If you're still asleep, I must wake you." Jungkook smirked to himself."Maybe a good tickle will stir you from slumber."

The king's eyes snapped open, and he immediately reached out to grab both of Jungkook's wrists."Don't you dare."

With a chuckle, Jungkook couldn't help but smile with joy, as did the king."Oh my, you've awoken. Guess I'll have better luck with the tickle next time."

King Seokjin sat up and shook his head."I never thought I'd have such a silly rascal as a personal guard."

"And I never imagined I would be guarding such a lazy king." It evoked a laugh from Jungkook when his chest was playfully smacked."Once you are ready, I'll escort you to breakfast, Your Majesty."

(Full version available in my OneShot Collection)