JinKook / Fluff

Alternate scenario to previous minishot

Seokjin couldn't deny that he had been frightened by his newest discovery. How could he not be afraid? He had never understood before why his close friend always tried to convince him to give up his research into the possible existence of vampires and other supernatural beings.

"Please don't be afraid." Jungkook leaned down close to Seokjin's face, his friend seated on the chair within his at-home office, the place where most of his research happened."I'm not going to hurt you."

"But you're a...How did you hide it for so long?" Indeed, how had Seokjin's best friend hidden the fact that he was a vampire for so long? That boggled his mind."How did I not see this?"

With a soft smile on his lips, Jungkook chuckled."You still believe the myths. That's how I've been able to hide this from you. For example, mirrors. You were still under the notion that vampires don't have reflections." That myth always aided Jungkook in keeping his secret.

"Vampires have reflections? If that's true, how did the myth get started?" Even though he was still a little scared, Seokjin was fascinated. And besides, Jungkook was his friend. He wasn't in danger, was he?

This amused Jungkook. Even while scared and unsure, his friend still remained curious and inquisitive."When mirrors were new, they were made with silver. You're aware that vampires are weak against silver. I suppose you can say that silver mirrors killed our reflections. But mirrors are no longer made with silver. We can have reflections."

"So what's going to happen now that I know?" This worried Seokjin. From what he was learning through his extensive research, most humans who researched supernatural beings either went missing or died mysteriously.

Shifting to squat down in front of his human friend's chair, Jungkook smiled a little wider, which showed his fangs."I'm supposed to kill you. The High Council won't be pleased to see how much you've learned through your research. However, I can't do that." The vampire placed his hands onto the other man's knees."You're too precious to me. I can't even think of harming you. So instead, I'll keep you safe during your research since I know I can't convince you to stop."

"Kook, though you're not human, you're still my best friend." This was such a relief. Seokjin was safe and could continue his research."Together, we'll learn so much and keep each other safe."

"I don't know how you think you'll keep me safe when you're just a human, but I appreciate the sentiment." No matter what, Jungkook would keep Seokjin safe. He silently vowed to never leave the human's side. And maybe, just maybe, this could open the door to him gaining enough courage to tell Seokjin how he really felt about him.