MinJoon / Fluff-Angst

The sound of the front door opening pulled Jimin out of his thoughts. He was sitting at the kitchen table with the wooden spoon in his hands, brain full of all the different ways this evening might go. The front door closed, and footsteps were coming his way.

His heart raced. What was going to happen? Glancing toward the stove, Jimin bit his lower lip. He normally had dinner ready by now. His boyfriend was always able to come home and immediately have a delicious dinner after work. But he hadn't cooked tonight. There was no dinner ready.

Entering the kitchen, Namjoon was rather confused to see that there was no dinner. Spotting Jimin at the table, he stepped closer."Hey, honey, what's for dinner tonight?"

It barely registered in Jimin's mind that Namjoon only sounded confused and maybe a little concerned."I, um...didn't really feel like cooking." In his mind, this felt like a risk. He knew how his ex would react to this. But how was Namjoon going to react?

"Oh, okay. You want to order something instead?" Namjoon moved a hand up to loosen his tie a little."I'm good with anything, honestly. So we can get whatever you want."

Fidgeting with the wooden spoon, Jimin was just a tiny bit shaky."You're not mad that dinner isn't ready?"

"No?" Namjoon cocked his head slightly to the side."Why would I be mad?"

"Because you aren't eating as soon as you get home." Looking up at Namjoon,  Jimin frowned as he thought about his ex."Aren't I being lazy by not cooking for you?"

Now Namjoon could see what was happening."You know, I greatly appreciate how much effort you put into cooking for me and making sure dinner is ready when I get home, but I don't expect you to do it all the time. It's completely okay to not want to cook sometimes. It doesn't make you lazy. In fact, I wouldn't think you were being lazy if you never cooked for me again, but I would miss it because the meals you make are always delicious."

"You really mean that?" Jimin was beginning to feel silly for worrying so much, but he'd felt scared that Namjoon would be mad at him. Though Namjoon always showed that he was a very understanding person, the effects of Jimin's ex were still there."He would always get...so mad."

Namjoon knew plenty of things about Jimin's ex. He had told Jimin previously to always feel free to discuss his ex, let Namjoon know how he felt and how to help him feel comfortable."He was selfish, Jimin-ah. He wanted your effort but didn't appreciate what came from it." Seating himself at the table, Namjoon smiled softly."We'll order anything you want, and tomorrow, we'll go out for breakfast. Sound good?"

That brought a sigh of relief from Jimin."That sounds great. Is there anything I can get for you in the meantime?" Jimin couldn't help asking this; he was a pleaser.

"How about some cuddles on the couch?" Being the big teddy bear that he was, Namjoon absolutely loved to cuddle, which was perfect because Jimin was his little teddy bear. They were two teddies always wanting affection and love from each other."You can tell me all about your day."

And that was what made Jimin feel like melting. Even though Namjoon was the one who worked while Jimin stayed home, he wanted to hear about Jimin's day, never assuming it was boring or uneventful."I'd love that. We can cuddle once I order the food."

Though, ordering the food wasn't quite as simple as anyone may think. How could Jimin focus on ordering the food while his boyfriend was staring at him with heart eyes and that adorable dimple smile? His heart and brain were both weak for Namjoon.