TaeJoon / Fluff

Taehyung stared at the rundown house before him as he thought about the rumors.

'That old house is haunted.'

'It's inhabited by a ghost.'

'No one who goes in there ever comes back out.'

The place was so disheveled. The grass was overgrown. The windows were boarded up. The paint, that used to be white, was now brown and peeling.

"That house can't really be haunted, can it?" Taehyung didn't fully believe in the supernatural, but he was open-minded enough to believe in the possibility. Taking a deep breath, he decided to do what no one else did.

While kids and teens would dare each other to knock on the door then run away, Taehyung was going to stay. Would someone answer the door? Surely, no one lived in such a rundown place, right? Would a ghost answer? Would he hear something spooky from within the house?

Cautiously approaching the front door, Taehyung gulped the raised his hand, giving the door a sturdy knock. He waited. And waited. Nothing. So he knocked again. This time, there was a response from right on the other side of the door.

"Someone there..?"

For a moment, fear set in to Taehyung. Was someone really in there? Or was a ghost speaking to him?"Um, y-yeah, hi..." What else was he supposed to say?

"You didn't run away..."

Now that Taehyung heard the voice a second time, there was nothing scary or threatening about it. The voice was deep and somewhat soft. A man was in there."Do you live here?"

"I do. What do you want?"

"I, uh, don't really know actually. I just wanted to see..." Taehyung felt stupid now. He didn't even have a reason or excuse to give this man as to why he was knocking on his door.

"The rumors...Okay." That was just accepted."Please leave."

That certainly took Taehyung by surprise. Maybe this man liked his solitude."Do you live alone?" He waited for a moment and got no answer. This man may not want to talk to him. Or anyone."Must be lonely to live alone and have everyone be afraid of your house." So Taehyung got an idea."Hey, if it's alright with you, I'm gonna get a pizza and bring it back here. We can eat it together. If you don't want to let me in, that's fine. I'll sit out here by the door. I'll be back soon, Mister."

"Namjoon."

"What?" Taehyung cocked his head slightly to the side.

"My name's Namjoon."

That made him smile."I'll be back soon, Namjoon."