McMarried [Pt. 2] • N.R.

[Third Person...]

"What are you doing here, Maria?" Natasha asked her wife.

"I-"

"Really." She interrupted her before she could speak

"Your hairs different." Maria admires

"A lot of things are different." Natasha says crossing her arms

"It's shorter... I like it, it's very Ruby Rose." She smirks

"What are you doing here?!" Natasha asks now leaving the room, knowing Maria would follow her.

"What are you doing here? You just pick up and leave everything. Your house, your mission, your friends... we had a life back in Florida." Maria says a bit annoyed.

"Had." Natasha says walking towards her room in the compound.

"And now you have a girlfriend in New York. She seems... sweet." She says a bit smugly

Natasha turns around after opening her bedroom door.

"The ice your on— thin." Nat grits her teeth, turning back around, Maria continues to talk behind her.

"She's young, the whole wide eyed, oh she's an assassin thing happening, but still sweet which is what you were going for, right? The anti-Maria?" She asks

"Ex-assassin, and if you came out here to try and win me back, you can forget about it." Natasha says, her face was filled with irritation and annoyance, also a bit of hurt.

"I did. I flew all the way across the country to reminisce over wedding photos, get drunk, fall into bed, and make you realize you can't live without me." Maria said sarcastically

"Relax, Romanoff. I'm here for work, New York was once my home too, you know? Besides Fury needed me for a new case an-"

"Fury knew you were coming out here?" Nat asked

"He asked me to come, didn't he tell you?"

"No, he didn't." Nat says even more annoyed now, irritated with her boss and seemingly wife.

"Hmm... well, surprise..." Hill says before walking towards Natasha whispering into her ear.

"The hair, though... you know I've always had a thing for Ruby Rose." She says seductively before walking backwards and down the hallway.

Natasha stood there dumbfounded for a second before going into her room and shutting the door, pulling her phone out and consistently texting and calling you.

She was worried.

You were all called in for a mission debriefing from Tony so you had to leave the bar, Natasha suddenly left the room after getting the same message from Tony.

They all met in the lounge area, Tony put Nat in charge, which meant she had to pick who went along with her.

"The mission is at minimum two hours, max would be it takes all night. It's a classic stake out, nothing too major. Nat, Fury put you in charge, pick who out of the little ducklings you want." He said referring to you, Pietro, Wanda, and Peter.

"It won't take all of us, so I'll just take Y/n." She says smirking to herself, now you can't get out of it.

You looked at her with a face of pure annoyance before responding.

"I'm drunk." Is all you said before walking out of the room.

"Y/n-" but Tony interrupted Natasha, and stopped you from leaving the room. He jabbed a needle in your arm.

"You won't be in twenty minutes, suit up." You rubbed you hurting arm.

"Tony! You could have hurt her!" Nat yelled before running to you and checking your arm with pure concern.

"Are you okay, baby?"

"I'm fine, just leave me alone." You said taking your arm away from her hands and walking away. Nat was hurt from this but understood where you were coming from. It didn't stop her from trying to follow you, but Pietro 'accidentally' got in her way, she moved away from him, and suddenly Sharon was infront of her, she rolled her eyes before maneuvering her way around her, Wanda was now in her way. Natasha groaned loudly, before roughly pushing Wanda away and running after you. You were already in your room so she knocked on the door.

"Baby, please let me explain!"

"No! Leave me alone!" Natasha sighed before putting her back on the door and rubbing her face with her hands.

At least on the stake out it would only be the two of you in the car, so she would have almost all night to try and explain the situation.

Natasha left to get ready.

Before the stake out Natasha went over to Fury's office. Where he and Hill were laughing together. Maria coughs a bit before saying she should go, to which prompted Natasha to start talking as soon as she left the room.

"What is she doing here?" She asked her boss

"You and I both know, she's the best in the field. Bringing Hill here was a business decision. Nothing personal." He sighed

"Oh! Well, what a relief. It's not personal. It is personal, to me." She said getting ready to walk out of his office.

"The workings of my federal unit don't have anything-"

"Don't include my wife!" Natasha yelled

"Don't include your private life!" He yelled back standing up, but became winded and sat back down, coughing a bit.

He composed himself before speaking again.

"How long have you been sleeping with an intern?" He asked

"She's an Avenger."

"She also works for Shield which makes it against company laws."

"Your company laws can go screw themselves."

"You didn't deny it." He said

"Screw you." Natasha breathed.

"Close the door on your way out." Fury said getting back to work, to which Natasha left. She got in the car and drove it to the front of the compound waiting for you.

Her life seemed to be crumbling beneath her feet now.

-

Okay so this is going to be a bit more than a two parter, so get ready for an emotional roller coaster my dudes.

Also, still haven't gotten my COVID results back from the ER yet so your girl is sitting at home doing homework, yay! No yay.

I'm tired, and I just want to know why my lungs hurt lol.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Love Always, A.K.