Brother's Death • N.R.

Based on Station 19.
[Third Person...]

You were angry.
You were beyond upset.
You felt lost.
You felt... completely and utterly hopeless.

At the moment you laid on the ground of the compound kitchen. Tears rolling down the sides of your face as you faced towards the ceiling.

Tony walked in with Steve, but they kept quiet, sympathetically staring at you before running off to grab Natasha. You lost your brother.

He was gone.
He was stabbed following a lead to help save innocent teenage girls.

You were an Avenger.
He lived as a FBI agent.
Both doing the same in saving lives.

Natasha walked out of the hallway, seeing you on the floor, sighing heavily.

She walked over quietly and slowly, trying to figure out how to speak with you in these moments of despair. She laid down next to you, not bothering to look at your face as she also looked at the ceiling as well.

"Why don't you come to bed, detka?" She asked, you shrugged sniffing in through your now stuffy nose.

"Too soft." You whispered.

"Too soft?" She asked

"I can't be anywhere it's soft... I'll need to cry and I can't cry because it hurts my eyes and my head. And I just want to sleep but I can't sleep because it's too soft." You explain.

"How's the kitchen floor?" She asks

"Too soft." You said again, sitting up. Natasha does as well, now looking at your face and the tears that made your cheeks wet.

You then got up and went off, without another word being exchanged. Natasha knew she should let you process your grief so she allowed you to do so.

She went off to try to speak to Tony for a few minutes, trying to give you a bit of space before going off to the room you both shared just to find you were not in the bed like she thought you would be. Now confused and quite frankly, a bit worried she ventured off other places to try and find you.

It wasn't until she walked into the bathroom that you both shared that she found you sitting up in the dry shower with tears rolling down your face once more. She sighed sadly.

"Moya lyubov, why don't you try to go to sleep?" She asks sadly taking a seat next to you, not wanting to touch you just yet, scared of your reaction. She knew when you wanted to be touched, you would say. But still she couldn't help but crave to bring you into her arms.

"I was trying to... but everywhere I go it's... too soft. I- I just want to sleep- or scream." You confess

"Then scream." Nat says

"What?" You ask

"Scream, you are allowed to scream. Losing your brother qualifies you a get out of jail free card for waking up the neighbors, so scream." She says, sternly. You tried screaming but it only felt too awkward. It was too quiet to scream, and everywhere was too soft to sleep.

You sigh.

"I can't." You whisper.

"I just want to sleep." You breath out. She nods, lifting her hand up to wipe your tears. She couldn't help herself. She leaned against you a bit and noticed you began to cry again.

"Too soft, too soft." You say quickly yet quietly

"Okay, I'm sorry." She says quickly getting up and walking out.

She wanted nothing more than to be there for you, but Natasha knew nothing of what it was like to lose a sibling in such a way, she never knew her biological mother, or father. And her adoptive parents well... they were still alive as far as she knew.