In Secret • W.M.

[Reader...]

Wanda and I are best friends, the best of best friends. I loved her more than anything in this world, so much, I wish I could marry her.

But my family was everything to me, and I vowed the rest of my life to not allow our traditional ways to become a part of us. Wanda is promised to my brother, Austin. My sister, Lavinia, aspires to find her true love. She longs to get married, have a family, and live for her husband.

I, however, have never wanted that... no, not with a man. All of my life, I believed I never wanted to be a wife at all, but since Wanda and I have started our affair. I found that I no longer wanted to be a spinster, I longed to be her wedded wife, and mother to her child, and my brothers child, unfortunately.

I wrote poems inspired by solely her.

Never have I wanted to cook, or clean, or do anything other than write. But when I am with her, she makes me want to do crazy things, like changing a diaper, when I never wanted children.

Wanda longs for it as well, she asks every day to run away with me. She lives next door to my family, I live with my mother and father, but so much did I wish I could just walk over with my things and sleep in the same bed as her.

What was seemingly weird is, I cannot remember much of my family. We know of each other, we know each other. But I suppose it is why we all bicker so much, I suppose it is why my brother is so drunk unable to speak, unable to stay faithful.

My brother was undeserving of his wife, of their child, and of their love.

If I did not yearn for the love of a family united as one, I would have milked my family dry to run away with Wanda and her baby, our baby.

You are magic in the palm of my hand.
You are like a beach, with my feet sunken in the sand.
You have my heart beating a million miles a minute.
You make me speechless in the middle of my sentence, before I can even finish.

I walked over to Wanda's house, my brother out in a drunken state somewhere, only god knows.

I knock on the door, hearing a gentle 'come in'. The voice as softly spoken as an angel, a Sokovian accent.

I walk in the room, to see a woman I most definitely wanted to runaway with, and the product she created with my brother that I so deeply wanted him to know, although he did not deserve them, it did not help the guilt I felt.

"Hello, my love." She says with a big smile walking towards me, she kisses my lips, I smile against hers.

"Hello, darling." I husk

You are beauty in all of its origins.
You're voice is like a song, and the words are all the best choruses.

"I've missed you." She says, a smile upon her face. I smile gently.

"And I, you." I say planting another gentle kiss upon her lips. She smiles into it.

"Would you like to see our child?" She asks

"You mean, yours and my brothers' child?" I ask, already knowing the answer, she meant mine.

"You know what I meant, darling."

"I do, does not mean the guilt doesn't come crawling up my spine at what we are doing..."

"You know he has done much worse, what we have is love-"

"What we have is considered, wrong." I interrupt her

"Wrong... but if it feels so wrong, why does it feel so right?" She asks then she continues.