Wrong Side of Town [pt. 1] • w.m.

Story takes place in East LA.
For those of y'all who haven't read 'The Wrong Side of Town'...

[Reader...]

Bzzz bzzz bzzz bzzz

I hear my twin brother come into the room turning off my alarm and grabbing the pillow that sat next to me.

"Wake up" he says smacking me with it, I just groan gently pulling in our six month old sister to cuddle.

"Leave me be" I say groggily with my eyes still glued shut, he rolls his eyes. Leaving the room before I hear him come back in. Suddenly I get a gut feeling he was going to throw something at me, well, I knew he was I seen him. I quickly lift my hand up catching the nerf gun bullet swiftly, and pulling the blanket over my head, making sure Cecilia, the baby, didn't have the blanket over her face.

"Leave me alone, Raf" I said

"Nope, unfortunately, no can do"

I groaned, knowing he was right. Slowly getting up, and setting pillows around Ceci so she wouldn't fall off the bed. I grabbed my stuff to get ready and quickly did so in the bathroom, being sure to brush my teeth, and my hair before getting dressed.

Doing my hair, and putting on a black crop top, and black shorts, quickly doing my makeup before coming out and waking up Ceci to get her ready.

As Rafael got our younger brother ready, I put Ceci in her high chair feeding her some healthy fruits, making sure she didn't get too messy being that I just got her ready.

"Good morning nena" Our little brother, Cesar, says. Nena translates to 'baby', but everyone on the block has called me nena since I was young. Everyone in town knows me as nena, so it really is just a nickname.

"Morning Joker" I tell him with a smug smile, Rafael comes in behind him holding his backpack and shoes.

"Hurry and make some toast, we gotta get on the road." I tell him putting away Ceci's dirty dishes.

"Can't I hang out with you guys for the day? Raf and you don't go to school half the time." He says pouting.

"We're sixteen, Sophomores in high school. You're ten, in the fourth grade. We have superiority." I say moving around the kitchen to get his toast ready.

"Superi-what-ery?" He asks confused

"Superi- we're the bosses." I say putting my hands on my hips.

"Now butter your toast so we can go." I say ruffling his hair before going to pick up Ceci, and heading over to her diaper bag so I could put her extra clothes and diapers inside. Then, putting it in her stroller before strapping her in as well. She had a big no-tooth grin on her face, she was just giggling all over the place.

"What are you smiling at?" I ask her, she just continues giggling with no care in the world.

"I was going to use this for a new skateboard I wanted next month, but you leave me no choice." Cesar says matter of factly, Rafael and I give each other a look before looking back at him.

"And what were you going to use?" I ask amused.

"This." He says handing me a piece of paper, it was a coupon for one free thing, anything he wanted at all, no questions asked. We gave it to him for his birthday back in January, we had no money for a real gift and decided to give him four of these coupons. So we would be able to make it up to him.