McMarried [Pt. 3] • N.R.

Hi, hello. I have no idea if Fury is married but he will be in this one, okay? Thanks

You were heading out the door which you were dreading to see Natasha outside, unfortunately that meant you had to go through all of the agents that worked in the building first.

Boy, did they love to gossip.

Jackasses never told you a damn thing about Hills being Natasha's wife, it only made you felt worse. Like a dirty mistress.

You shrugged it off and continued your way to the front glass doors when you heard Agent Monroe call you from behind.

You turn around and walked towards her, she had a smug face that only made you want to smack the smugness right off, but you kept your cool. You were an Avenger, so it made it confusing to you on if you were a superior to them an inferior to Hills, Cap, Nat, and Fury. Or an inferior to all agents ranking higher to you. It made no sense.

"Yes, Agent Monroe?" You asked politely and with professionalism.

"You know, I never knew why so many others thought so low of you... underestimating you and believing you to be a kiss ass." You knew exactly where this was headed, but kept your cool otherwise.

"Turns out they're all right, you are a kiss ass gold digging whore who sleeps with other peoples spouses." She said grabbing your chin roughly before spitting in your face and punching you.

"What the hell is going on here?!" Hill screamed coming to your aid to help you up, she didn't like you but she respected you, and if she weren't still in love with her wife, your girlfriend. She wouldn't treat you as an inferior, but a peer, a friend, an equal. But these were rough times.

"Nothing, ma'am." You said wiping your face.

"Do not lie to me, Agent Olivera." She prompted, but you continued with the lie anyway, although the bruise on your face was now becoming a bit more red and evident. But you weren't a snitch, you grew up in a rough neighborhood, old habits die hard.

But Agent Hill didn't listen, she just turned to the other agent and began to talk sternly.

"Agent Monroe, I lack Agent Olivera's class and patience so let me set the record straight." She said sternly moving closer towards Monroe who was now cowering backwards.

"My wife did not cheat on me, I cheated on her. So the wrong woman here— Agent Olivera. So, I think you owe her one hell of an apology. I expect all of her paperwork filled out right and neatly, as well as grunt work for the next three weeks. You are now a level six agent, do I make myself clear?" Agent Hill spat to her inferior. Monroe was shocked.

"That's four levels down! Y/n is a level eight!" She complained

"Do I make myself clear?!" Agent Hill yells making all heads turn to us once again.

"Yes, ma'am." She said standing straight up now with a guilty look on her face.

"Agent Olivera, i do not respect being lied to. I have big expectations for an agent moving up quickly as well as an Avenger, I expect better from you. Do I make myself clear?" Hill turned to you.

"Yes ma'am... Permission to proceed to my mission?" You ask professionally, and stiffly. Hill looked towards a scared Monroe who was shaking in her boots.

"Yes, Agent Olivera. Permission granted." With that you turned on your heels and headed towards Romanoff's car.

Once you were in her car her eyes immediately darted to you and your face. She gasped in shock before putting her hands gently on your face, you finally broke down crying leaning into her touch which only caused her heart to shatter in a million and one pieces.