Hoshi - Exes

You laughed out loud at what your ex said, hitting him playfully on his shoulder with your left hand as you covered your mouth with your right hand. 

"Stop. He really did that?" You asked. 

"He did," Your ex nodded, smiling along, "I wanted to dig myself a grave and bury myself there in the moment. It was so embarrassing." 

"That's hilarious. I miss him. It's been so long since I last saw him," You told your ex as you sighed and thought back to your friends from high school. 

"You should have come to the reunion then," Your ex told you. 

"Next time," You told him, calming down from laughing too much. 

You had been sitting at a quiet cafe, sipping on your warm hot chocolate while waiting for your boyfriend, Hoshi, to show up. 

You were engrossed in your novel when a person walked up to you and to your surprise it was your ex from high school. 

You and your ex had dated for about five months in your senior year of high school before breaking up but had remained on very friendly terms. In fact you two always wished each happy birthday and contacted each other every now and then just to catch up. 

It was a bit inevitable since the two of you have many mutual friends together and whenever you met up with your friends from high school, your ex was also often present. 

You didn't mind, however, since the two of you only saw each other as friends now. Not to mention that he currently had a girlfriend and you were also in a very committed relationship. 

The two of you continued talking about your school days and about your friends, laughing as the two of you recalled fun memories. 

In fact the two of you were so engrossed in your conversation that you didn't even realize that a certain someone had come up and was now standing a few steps away from your table, staring with narrowed eyes at your table. 

When the person loudly and intentionally cleared his throat, both you and your ex looked up. Your smile only widened when you saw who it was. 

"Soonyoung!" You said happily, calling Hoshi by his real name.

You stood up and waved gleefully as Hoshi made way towards the table. He nodded his head towards you, his face covered by his mask, as he eyed your ex. 

You ex too stood up, the smile still on his face, as he gave you a questioning look. 

You understood what he was asking and said, "Oh, this is Soonyoung, my boyfriend. Soonyoung, this is YE/N, my friend." 

"I didn't know you had plans today," Soonyoung said, not greeting your ex and sat down next to you.

You threw an apologetic look to your ex as he looked awkward and you too sat down on the chair again. 

"We actually ran into each other right here," You told him. 

Your ex also sat down again and the two of you started the conversation once again, trying to include Hoshi as well. 

However Hoshi refused to make any enthusiastic conversations and after a few very awkward moments, your ex stood up and said, "Well, I guess I should get going now. You two should enjoy your time together."

You gave him a smile and nodded, saying, "Get home safely."

Once he was gone, you turned to Soonyoung with a frown and said, "What was that about?" 

"What was what about?" Hoshi asked, "He was your ex wasn't he. I recognized that name." 

"He was," You confirmed, "But you didn't have to be so rude Hoshi. He's still my friend." 

"He's your ex," Hoshi corrected, "I saw the way the two of you were laughing together. I didn't like it." 

"Seriously Hoshi. He's my friend. We were just talking about old times," You told him. 

"Are you sure? Cause it certainly didn't look like that," Hoshi said aggressively, speaking without thinking. 

You froze and turned towards him. Your grip on your coffee cup tightened as you lowly asked, "What are you implying." 

"Do you really think I'd believe that the two of you are just friends? You're exes for god sake," Hoshi commented. 

You felt furious at the absurd accusation and wanted to punch your boyfriend and knock some sense into him. But you were also hurt by the fact that Hoshi had no faith in you. 

Without another word you got up from your seat and walked towards the trash can, disposing your half drunken coffee. 

You rather leave than sit any longer and be insulted and accused of something ridiculous. 

You walked out of the shop even though it was drizzling and you didn't have an umbrella. You didn't mind the rain at all. 

The chatter of the passing people and the noises from the cars were so loud that you didn't hear Hoshi called your name. In fact you didn't even realize it until he had pulled your arm and had you turned around. 

"Shit," Hoshi cursed frustratingly. "You're going to get sick Y/N," Hoshi cursed when he saw you half drenched. 

"Let go of me," You said, trying to twist your hand out of his grip. 

"I'm sorry okay," Hoshi said, not sounding sorry at all, "Just get back in."

"No!" You said a bit loudly, "You don't just say that and then give me an apology you don't even mean."

You pulled your hand out of his grasp and said, "Just leave me alone right now."

And then you walked away. 

I think this is the longest imagine I've written for this. Since this is obviously left on a cliffhanger, I might to a part two in the future. 

Have a great day : )