The8 - Gift

"Do you like it so far?" You asked Myunghao as you turned your head and faced him. 

Myunghao gave you a smile and nodded his head. 

"This place reminded me of you. And besides, it has a discount cause of the new year so I thought why not visit it today," You told him, whispering so you don't disturb the other customers. 

While Myunghao was in China the past four months for his Chinese activities, you came across a traditional tea shop where you could come and taste various types of unique teas and even buy the ones you like. 

Although you are more of a coffee person than a tea person, when you saw the shop, you couldn't help but be reminded of your boyfriend. You were missing him terribly and Myunghao also always tried to get you to drink more tea, without even thinking you entered the shop and tried the tea tasting. 

When you went the first time, you felt a bit out of place as the shop is surrounded with couples and you were the only one who went single. Even though it is a tea tasting shop, for some reason there is a romantic hue to it which attracted young couples. 

You had immediately made your mind to bring The8 here with you when he returned. 

"But you don't like tea," Myunghao said, leaning into you to speak quietly in your ear.

"True," You agreed, nodding lightly, "But I don't mind. I wanted to show you this place." 

Myunghao smiled at you and squeezed your hand lightly, "Thank you," he said and you only smiled back in reply. 

The two of you played around with each other's fingers and phone games, making small talk as you waited for your tea tasting to start. 

You giggled as Myunghao died in his round of subway surfers and said, "You're so bad at this." 

"I'm better than you," Myunghao shot at you. 

You scoffed, taking the phone from his hand, saying, "As if. Let me show you." 

However you never got the chance as a waitress came by and told you that it is now the both of yours turn. 

"You'll love this place," You tell him as the two of you sit down on the tatami mat, "They give you these cute little teapots and these cute little cups that look like soju cups. It's like they made this place for you." 

Myunghao smiled again and said, "That's nice. Um, Y/N there is something I have to tell you. Uh I-"

"Oh look! See that. They give you a complimentary drink too. I'd recommend getting this course. It was good the last time I tried it," You cut him off without thinking about it much, "Oh sorry. You were saying something?"

"It's okay. I was saying that I. . .um. . .I brought back something-" The8 started once again but was cut off by the waitress this time, coming to take your order. 

You give him a small smile as you notice that he's a bit bummed about getting cut off again. 

After placing your orders you turn to him and say, "Okay speak." 

"No its okay," Your boyfriend said, sounding dejected, clearly dis-motivated now. 

"Say it quickly. Before anyone comes in again. I know you want to tell me something," You encourage him partly because of your own curiosity. 

The8 appears to think for a few moments before he says, "Um. . .I brought back something for you." 

You blink and then smile, "This is it? Why were you hesitating so much?"

The8's cheecs turn slightly rosy as he quickly pulls out a jewellery box and places it on the table, pushing it towards you. 

Curious, you open the box and see a beautiful ruby pendant, your birthstone, in a heart shape. 

"Oh my, it's beautiful," You tell him. 

"Really? You like it," Myunghao asked in a tiny cute voice. 

"I love it," You tell him, sounding like a promise. 

First upload of the new year!! Hope you guys had a great holidays and I hope you guys were also safe. Omicron is crazy in some places. 

I mentioned this on my other current book as well, but starting from February, I will start a new fanfic on a member. I hope you guys stay around to read that as well!! 

Have a great day everyone!