Dokyeom - Late Night Calls

Suggestion: Listen to the piano cover of Starlight by Taeil as you read this

"Faster! Faster! FASTER!" Your coach yelled at you from where she stood at the sidelines, watching you run laps across the field. 

You ran with everything you had and finished your last lap, stopping right in front of your coach as you huffed out loudly, trying to catch your breath. 

"Coach," You breathed deeply, "I'm a fencer. Not a runner."

"You need better stamina," Your coach said, "Just having decent fencing skills won't get you anywhere." 

"These decent fencing skills have already won me two olympic gold medals," You said. 

"You were younger then. You're body's getting older, so it your mental age. You need to work harder if you still want to stay in the game for a bit longer," Your coach reminded you. 

"Yes I know. But we both also know that no one in this field is anywhere close to even beating me anytime soon," You said. 

You coach smiled but nonetheless said, "Don't be overconfident. You never know who might come along unannounced and steal your crown from you. Let's not forget that you once were the underdog no one saw coming." 

"Yes yes I know," You said, already have been hearing this speech for the nth time. 

"Today's training is over," Your coach announced as the rest of the national team members caught up to you. 

You grabbed your water bottle and headed back towards the gym, ready to do some extra solo training by yourself. 

You are a two time olympic champion, winning your very first Olympic gold medal at the Rio Olympics when you were just nineteen year old. No one had expected you to win let alone even think that a South Korean could snag the gold medal as no South Korean has ever done so in the history of fencing. And ever since your first gold, you have never once lost a match. 

To say you made history in an understatement.  

You practiced by yourself at the national training center for fencers until it was past dinner time, deciding to skip dinner altogether. You weren't too hungry either and besides, you were also meant to loose a little weight because your performance in fencing has been a bit slow lately. 

You went back to your lodgings, where all the female national athletes resided, and went to your room. You were supposed to share a room with another swimmer on the national team, but unfortunately she had to quit the national team due to an injury. 

So now you had the entire room to yourself and needless to say, you had your stuff all over the place, completely unorganized. 

After taking a shower, drying your hair, and completing your night time routine, you plopped down on your bed and sighed, facing upwards, 

It has been a tiring and a long day. You loved fencing and training can most definitely be fun sometimes but for the most part, it is mostly repetitive. 

Every morning you get up to six, go out for a team jog at six thirty followed by a four hour strength training session. After an hour break of lunch, you have another five hour training with a thirty minute break in between followed by another two hour training session. 

Sometimes you ended up staying late in the stadium to train alone by yourself and so overall you were mostly training about nine to twelve hours a day. 

You sighed as you stared up the ceiling, suddenly missing your boyfriend, Seokmin, or better known to the world as Dokyeom. 

It has been a while since you have seen him, his schedules always clashing with yours. When you were free, he was busy promoting, when he is free, you are busy either training or competing. 

You and Dokyeom went to the same high school and you've known him ever since he became a trainee and moved to Seoul. The both of you were in the same class for two consecutive years and eventually became goods friends. 

You remained good friends even after the both of you graduated high school and he debuted with Seventeen. As you grew busy preparing for your first olympics, Dokyeom supported you a lot as a friend, being by your side through the highs and lows and when you returned with the gold medal, he confessed to you. 

You were a bit surprised at his unprecedented confession. But it wasn't until after his confession that you realized you feel the same way too and the rest is now history. 

You feel your phone vibrate next to you and pick it up, smiling as you see who is video calling you. 

Sitting up, you slide the answer button on your phone and answer the call, grinning widely as you saw his puppy face smiling back at you. 

"Seokmin-ah," You say. 

"Y/N," He greeted you, "Are you done with your training?"

You nodded and said, "I'm in my room now. What about you? Are you done with practice?"

Dokyeom shook his head and said, "We're probably going to go late today. We're just taking a small break right now."

"Are you in the dance room?" You asked, wondering if you have an audience. 

"No," Dokyeom shook his head, "I'm in one of the vocal practice rooms. It's just you and me. If I talk to you with the others around then they will just steal you away from me. Especially Jeonghan hyung or Dino."

You laughed and said, "I don't mind. I have fun talking to the boys." 

"Yeah but I mind," Dokyeom said, "I barely get to see you in the first place, its even more annoying when I can't even speak to you peacefully."

You smiled lightly at his words and said, "When do you think we can see each other next?" 

Dokyeom sighed and wondered, "Maybe when I come back from Japan next week? On Friday?" 

"I guess I can get out of training early that day. Although Coach will have me make it up some other day."

You sighed and dropped your shoulders. 

"I miss you so much. It's so hard not to see you for so long" You said.

"I know babe. Just hang in there a bit more," Dokyeom told you. 

You knew Dokyeom always keeps his word but sometimes it's just hard to always 'hang in there'. 

"I love you," You said. 

"I love you more sweetheart," Dokyeom said back. 

Twenty Five Twenty One is literally one of my favorite K-dramas of all time and this imagine is very obviously inspired by it. If you haven't watched it then I suggest for everyone to watch it. It's honestly one of the best dramas made in the last couple of years I swear you all won't regret it. 

Also an announcement,

I have now uploaded my other Scoups book called The Coffee Shop! Only the introductory chapter is up for now but do make sure to check it out if you are interested. This book will be sweet, cute, wholesome and lighthearted and so will give off summer vibes. It's perfect for the current weather!

You can access it through my profile and by going through my works!

I will be updating its first chapter later this month!

Have a good day : )